Wednesday, January 25, 2023

CELEBRATING THE NEW YEAR


 Hello, friends!  Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday.  I am still trying to get caught up with all of you.  I am so far behind.  Hopefully this week I'll be up to date.  Today let me tell you about the coming in of 2023.  I almost wrote 2022.  Now that would REALLY be catching up.

New Year's Eve was a really low key day.  I don't think I did anything except lay around and watch TV.  Not that I didn't WANT to, but I have been having a lot of headaches and if I remember correctly, that was one of the days.  I do remember that I was saying to Joe that it felt like just any other day.  And I do remember falling asleep on the sofa about 7 p.m.  Joe woke me up at midnight with a kiss and I went right back to sleep.  Yeah, real exciting, right?

New Year's Day was better.  Of course, it was a Sunday and Joe and I went to church.  We talked about going out to eat afterwards, but ended up just stopping at 7-11 for chicken sticks and then going home.  We were going to have snacks and toast in the New Year with cranberry juice, but of course I slept through the whole thing.  So we had our snacks for lunch.  Salami, liverwurst, several different cheeses and different kinds of crackers.  It was fun and so good.




I had gotten these fun paper plates and napkins for Christmas but we never used them, so I used them at New Year's Day.  Aren't they cute?

Here is a picture of my plate.

I also had chips and an iced tea.


As you can see, Joe liked everything too.


For dinner we had a pork roast and veggies.

It was a nice relaxing day, just the way holidays should be.

And that, my friends, is that for New Year's Day.  I'll be back later with even more catch-up posts.  See you then.


Kathy





5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan. I can't remember the last time I was up til midnight on any night! And New Year's, after church, was a nice and quiet day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. I didn't make it until midnight either. I am glad your 2023 is going well so far. It's always fun to catch-up with you. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our New Year's are quiet. I don't make it to midnight either. I may roll over when the noisemakers start but go back to sleep. The new year will be there when I get up.
    I love the crackers,cheese etc. Looks delicious. The plates & napkins are adorable! It's little things like that that can really make a day brighter. Glad you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are still writing your blog. I enjoy it. I usually am awake until midnight anyway...I get up around 5...just don't need much sleep and seem to get so much more accomplished. Keep writing and keep us up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started watching fireworks 🎆 our roku TV on 12/31/22. It was God to see different countries shows. London, England and Sydney, Australia were really good. I do take naps once in awhile mostly Sunday afternoon 😴. I'm still working part time. Have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.