Wednesday, January 18, 2023

MY BIRTHDAY





Hello, friends.  I started this post yesterday, but I am having so much trouble with my computer.  It kept crashing over and over and finally locked me out.  I had to wait until today to get in.  And even then I had problems.  But I am here now and I want to tell you about my birthday the end of December.  I promise you I will catch up soon!

It really wasn't much of a birthday.  I wasn't feeling all that great and slept most of the day.  Joe and I were going to go out to Yamato's for lunch, but I was just so tired that I couldn't do it.  Instead, we called out for lunch to our local Chinese food delivery.  I opted to have Egg Foo Yung.  I have not had it in so long.  Years probably.  But I just had a yen for it.  And I'm glad I did.  It was so good!  A great choice.  And here is what my fortune in my cookie said.


In the afternoon there was a knock at the door and a guy handed me a box.  In it was the most adorable bouquet I think I have ever seen.  It was white carnations in the shape of a cat with other colored flowers around it.  It looked just like a cat in a garden.  The holder it was in looked like a wicker cat bed.  So cute!  It lasted a long time too.  Almost two weeks.  Joe certainly got his money out of that.


He also gave me a bottle of Gloria Vanderbilt perfume (my favorite) and two pair of jeans.  Oh, and a new square griddle pan which is wonderful.  Nothing sticks to it.  Also a 9 x 13 pan with a snap on lid, and a set of measuring cups and spoons.  I think he wants me to cook. (ha, ha)


The rest of the day?  Well...  I fell asleep and slept all afternoon.  I didn't feel like cooking dinner, either, so we called out to Dominos and got a pizza for Joe and chicken wings for me.  We also got garlic bread and brownies.  Yum!

Not much of a birthday, huh?  Well, not every year is great.  But hopefully this year will be better because I have a big birthday in 2023.  But you will have to wait a year to hear about that.

I have a video on YouTube about my birthday.  Here's a link to it if you want to see more.


And now it's time for me to make dinner.  Bible study night so I have to have it earlier than we usually do.  Besides, I'm hungry.  Talk to you all later and thanks so much for stopping by.

Kathy



 






11 comments:

  1. happy birthday. loved your flowers. blessing,xoxo, susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie, I was just thinking about you today. Hope you are well and all is good with you. I miss reading your blog. I will have to head over there and see what is going on with you.

      Delete
  2. A big birthday? I have one of those in another year... ☺️ I hope that you are feeling much better. And have new utensils made you feel more like cooking? Maybe they're helping Joe feel more like cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy. Joe sure is good to you. Glad you had some nice moments on your birthday. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cat made of flowers, now that is incredibly cute. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flower cat! Adorable. Please tape your fortune where you can see it every day. Believe it!! All birthdays don't need fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated Happy 🎂🎉 Birthday to you, Kathy, and despite not feeling well, you had a good day home with Joe. Egg foo yong was also a favorite of mine and now you have me thinking about getting it. Your gifts were great, kudos to Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well for your birthday. But Joe always treats you special...he's the best! LOVE that cat bouquet of flowers. I've never seen anything so cute! Sweet hugs to you both, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday! 🥳 I sure hate you didn’t feel up to celebrating much, but sounds like Joe spoiled you rotten! Hope you are feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy days after your birthday. I liked your you tube video. Nice cat flower bouquet that Joe gave you for bday! God bless and a good and healthy new year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.