Sunday, December 11, 2022

YES, IT'S REALLY ME


 

Hello, friends.  Yes, it really is me.  I know I have been missing for quite awhile.  The truth is I have been extremely busy and just have not had the time to get on here.  Let me catch you up a bit.

I have been busy with church.  I am doing a four- part Advent series in Bible Study on Tuesday from the first two chapters of the book of Matthew.  It is really interesting, but I have never really checked all the background before and it is taking a lot of study before I can teach it.

In addition to that, I started an online college course on C.S. Lewis' writings.  I am so far behind on that and have to catch up this week to get the credit for it.

My sister came to visit me this past week.  It was so fun to be able to go out and have lunch with her.  We went to the local pizza place and she got a real Philly cheesesteak (not what the rest of the world calls Philly cheesesteaks).  She said it was like "eating heaven."  You just can't get a good roll outside of Philly.

We also went to Lidl's.  I was just going to show the place to her and pick up a couple of things we needed, but ended up spending $50.  I can't go into that store without buying something.  One of the things I got was a cute gnome doormat for the front door.  It is so cute.  I also got a snowman shower curtain that I can leave up all winter.

Lots of packages have been coming to our door.  Most of them have Joe's name on them, but there are a few things that I have ordered too.  While my sister was here, her Christmas gift came in the mail.  I was very casual about it and said I would just open it later.  Whew!  I have to go through all the gifts I have, see what is there, and figure out if I am finished or if I have to buy anything else.

Decorating is going very slowly.  I'm just not into it this year.  I have a few things up, but not much.

I went to my cardiologist this week.  It was a lot of talking about "where do we go from here" with my afib and not being able to take blood thinners.  It looks as if surgery might be coming in the new year.  *sigh*

I am enjoying my Advent calendar that Joe bought me.  It is all Walker's shortbread.  Yum!  Each day I get a new cookie.  I loved the big "thistle" cookie I got the other day.


I have to start my holiday baking very soon!  This week in fact since I need cookies to bring to the Christmas Cafe next Sunday.

The trees outside of my kitchen window look more like Thanksgiving than Christmas.  They are so pretty.



The temperatures sure don't feel like Thanksgiving though.  We have gotten down in the 20s some nights.  (-1 to -6 C).

I have been trying to keep up with my YouTube channel (Kathy's Happy Home) so if you are missing me, you can go there.  But even there I am falling behind.  I guess because I really don't feel well, I'm in a lot of pain, and I sleep a lot.  I am just not myself these days.

But...  there are so many people in the world worse off than me.  God has blessed me so much.  I am so thankful for all that I have.  And Christmas will come whether I am completely ready for it or not.

Hope you have a wonderful day, and I will talk to you when I can.

Kathy







9 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. I took a couple of courses on C.S. Lewis - free online classes through Hillsdale College. I sure learned a lot about C.S. Lewis and right now I am listening to the audiobook of The Screwtape Letters. Excellent. Yes, Christmas always comes whether or not we are completely ready, so focusing on the reason for the season (Jesus Christ) is best. I hope your Bible Study classes go well. I will continue to watch your Youtubes. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful decorations!

    I hope you don't have to have surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have you to thank for eating an entire bag of Walker Shortbread cookies in a few short days. ☺️ Shortbread is just so delicious.

    Praying that you will feel better and that the doctors will be able to remedy the afib. I have a number of friends who have experienced it and who have had the procedure. They all felt better for it.

    So glad that you had time with your sister. Sister time is some of the best time there is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been watching my advent calendar online by Jaquie Lawson. It's from England and I enjoy it alot every day. Ann Voskamp has advent every day that's good as well. A short read but blessed. You are busy and glad you got to be with your sister. I was with my sister yesterday when we cleaned up some areas in our brother's apartment. I was there 4.5 hours. Then stopped at Trader Joes to.buy food then home. 8 hours away but I survived and so did sis. She's driving back to WA. Have agood week and praying for your heart ❤️ issues 🙏. Hugs and blessings. 🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that same Jacquie Lawson calendar. It is such fun. But I can't always find the elves.

      Delete
  5. You are one busy lady! Glad you got to spend time with your sister. That is a special time. It's important to communicate with your
    doctor. It's best to explore all your options in the 'where to go'. I pray
    there will be a best option for you.
    I agree about the trees. So pretty! I also love the photo at the end ,the stairs & living room with the tree.
    Hope you have a beautiful, peaceful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A class on C. S. Lewis's writings sounds wonderful! It sounds like you are busy . . . but with lots of good things. Sister time, teaching a Bible study (doesn't the teacher always learn so much?), your online class. And you're nearly finished your Christmas shopping?! Applause!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas. I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is nice that you and your sister had a fun outing, Kathy, and you are right about a Philly cheesesteak sandwich, which I used to enjoy in Philly years ago. It’s a busy and hectic time of year, so take all the time you need to feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.