Wednesday, December 14, 2022

I HAVE A GIFT FOR YOU


 

Hello, friends.  I hope all is well with you.  I had what I call a "wasted" day today.  I am so tired and I just could not make myself do anything.  I slept a lot and watched some TV and that was about it.  I did make a great dinner though.  I put some chicken thighs in the air fryer, mixed up a box of chicken stove top, opened a jar of chicken gravy, cooked some green beans and opened a can of cranberry sauce.  It was really good and I ate more than I have been eating lately.  I have been having trouble with my stomach and haven't been eating much.  Because of the pain the other day I had one blueberry pancake all day.  Tonight I actually ate a meal.

Tomorrow I will have to get up early and start cleaning.  We are having a friend of Joe's come over in the morning.  He is a handyman and Joe wants to see if he can do some things around the house for us.  I have to move some things out of the way of where he has to work.

The sanctuary at church is decorated so beautifully for Christmas.  But I never got to show you pictures of the fall decorations.  So this is how our windowsills looked.



I will have to take pictures of how it looks now.

Here is how the communion table looked.


Wait.  What are those books on the table?


They are pocket sized Gospels of John.  We are giving them out for free to anyone who would like one.  I have three in my purse right now.  I have had a chance to give out only one.  Several people have given out four or five copies.  The idea is to get the gospel into the hands of anyone who wants one.  We never force it on people.  My offer to you is...  If you would like a copy, or multiple copies, of this little gospel for yourself or someone else, please email me with your address and I will mail it to you.  This is absolutely free.  No strings attached.  I won't ask you any questions and I won't be bothering you with a follow-up (although if you want to share a story with me, I won't say no).

And now I have to go to bed.  Tomorrow is going to be a long day.  Have a good one everyone.

Christmas is coming quickly!

Kathy






11 comments:

  1. Dinner sounds delicious! Glad you could eat. Maybe the gravy & cranberry just slid down? lol! I love the reindeer at the end! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. Sorry you haven't been feeling well. I would LOVE several of your little books if you want to send them. I will email you my address. What a kind offer. I am going to share a Christmas message with a 101 year old woman who is very lonely and I will take her one of those little booklets. I would also like one for myself and I know Charly, my husband would like one. Can you please send us three? I will email you my address. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will get them in the mail to you right away.

      Delete
  3. I hope you feel better my friend. And that is sweet to send the booklets. Take care of yourself and enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ongoing prayers for you to feel better. It is such a challenge to have things to do and not feel up to doing them. Praying for you to have a really good day.

    Your meal sounds soooo good! I think I could duplicate it here for my dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you were finally able to eat something but sorry you have not been feeling well overall. The church windows look pretty and that is a wonderful gift to give to others. Prayers. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, I'm glad you were able to eat some food. I've been thru a hard time like that years ago. Hopefully you'll feel better soon. When we were at a church in town for Christmas story of Jesus there small books of John when we were at the snack table of cookies and hot cocoa. Megan took 3 of them as she was on a trio this week. I took one. Always good way to share God's word. Nice reindeer photo. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you have not been feeling well but were finally able to have a good meal. Every year I try to plan ahead so I won't be rushing up until Christmas. It just doesn't work out. I have been able to do my devotional each day and am thankful for that. My New Hampshire kids arrive tomorrow (YAY) and I made a lasagna for dinner and making cookies now. I'm going to fit in making peanut butter fudge that Nana Diana posted....so good. Have a blessed weekend and REST!! I know I feel so much better when I take an afternoon nap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO happy you could enjoy that wonderful meal you made. Sounds delicious! Praying today will be a really good day for you.
    Love the giving of the book to those who want it..no forcing. Just read on Insta about a person being CHASED by someone who thought she was refusing his gospel message. How totally un Jesus like!!
    Take care, Kathy! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy and Merry Christmas! I'm sorry to hear you were feeling bad but hopefully you can continue to improve. Your dinner sounds really good. I have a small air fryer but hardly use it. I might have to experiment with it in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dinner sounded very good, Kathy, and glad to read you enjoyed it. This is a busy time of year for many it’s true and when you are not feeling well it can be overwhelming. Hope the rest has helped as we all need time off.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.