Tuesday, November 22, 2022

PIE AND PRAISE 2022


 I'm finding it difficult to believe that it is the end of November already and that Thanksgiving is just two days away.  I have so much to do to get ready for it.  And after that is Christmas.  I have a feeling that it also will come too quickly and I am definitely not ready.  I have no idea what to get anyone. Well... Joe is already finished.  He needed a new suit and wanted it for our 100th Anniversary.  So I bought it for him and he wore it.  I told him that is his Christmas gift.  Of course I will give him little things but that is it for this year because it was so expensive.

I bought myself a gift too.  I got Mike Pence's new book So Help Me God on the date of publication.  As a library person I love getting a book on the day it is published.  There is just something about it that thrills me.  I started to read it, but it is so thick that I know it will take me awhile.  It's interesting what I have read so far.  I'm not very far into it though.

Last Sunday night was our Pie and Praise celebration at church.  There were about twice the amount of people that were there last year.  First we had a short devotional where various people told what they were thankful for.  God has been so good to our congregation this past year.  It was amazing to hear all the stories.  Then it was time for pie.

I made an apple pie.  There was also pumpkin pie, key lime pie and cheesecake.  (Is that a pie?)  People were helping themselves to more than one kind.  I had apple and pumpkin.  Everyone told me how much they liked my pie so I guess I did a good job.  I thought it was a little too sweet but who was I to argue with the people who were telling me it was so good.

I meant to take pictures.  I even made sure my camera was fully charged.  But I was having such a good time talking with my friends that I totally forgot all about it until everyone was cleaning up.  Oops!  But my life isn't all about taking pictures and sometimes catching up with someone I haven't seen in six months is more important.

My friend Carol showed up.  Although I talk with her just about every week, we haven't gotten together since the spring.  It was really fun seeing her.  She has let her hair grow out and it looked really cute.

Next Sunday starts the Advent season.  Then it's Christmas.  And then the New Year.  Another year that has just totally flown by.  It seems as if the older I get, the faster time goes.  I hope the winter goes quickly too although the temperatures haven't been all that bad this year.

Now I'm just starting to ramble, so I am going to end.  Have a wonderful next few days and I hope you will be able to spend it with those you love.  See you soon.

Kathy





5 comments:

  1. The year has certainly flown by. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. Yes, this year has gone by quickly. Pie and Praise sounds like a lot of fun - a great opportunity to give thanks and fellowship with the other believers in your church. I have a lot to do to get ready for Christmas too. I have ordered a few things for Charly - all books - because he loves to read. I want to get "So Help Me God" by Mike Pence too. I really admire his courage on Jan. 6. It will be interesting to see if he runs for President. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, the pictures you shared are colorful. We had a brunch before church in the new gym. Then worship and people telling their thankfulness. One man proposed to his girlfriend in front of all of us!!! What, you are having a 100th anniversary together? I am one chapter left in Waymaker book by Ann Voskamp. That is such a good book to read. Chapter 3 really touched my heart and so does the rest of the book. I got it from Christianbooks.com. Hopefully you can read my blog as well.
    Have a good Thanksgiving with Joe and other people. God bless,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear so many people came. It's always great to catch
    up with friends you've not seen in a bit. Interesting question about the
    cheesecake.... I guess since it's usually cut like a pie, that would
    qualify? Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend & remember
    to give thanks for all our blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 🦃 Thanksgiving to you and Joe and we hope you have a wonderful celebration. It was nice to read that the Pie and Praise was well attended and it sounded delicious, especially with all those treats and not sure what to call cheesecake, except delicious😋 and sure that your apple pie was too from what people told you.

    As far as not taking any photos, I agree with it being more important to catch up with folks you haven’t seen in awhile, like your friend, Carol.
    Time with people is so much more important.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.