Wednesday, June 1, 2022

IF IT'S NOT ONE THING, IT'S ANOTHER


 Hello, friends!  How are you all doing?  Me?  Well...  You know how things are with me.  If it's not one thing, it's another.

A few days ago, I was putting the dishes away and I dropped one of Jack's cat food bowls.  It broke all over the floor in front of the sink.  I cleaned it all up and was pretty sure everything was fine.  On Monday night I was making potato salad and I stepped on something in my bare feet.  I have such bad arthritis in my feet that I often walk around barefoot because shoes hurt so much.  I looked and brushed off my foot and thought everything was OK.  It wasn't.  My heel began to hurt worse and worse.  Then it started to swell.  I stayed off of it as much as I could and sort of walked on the side of my foot to not hit the heel.  I went to the bathroom, got my magnifying mirror and a pair of tweezers, and went to work.  I saw a mark on my heel and some blood.  So I picked at it trying to get out whatever was there, but couldn't.  Joe was taking a nap, but I woke him up and he tried to get it out too.  I figured he had a better view.  But he couldn't get it either.

Yesterday I went to Bible Study and of course was wearing my shoes.  My foot started swelling even though I was sitting down.  It hurt a bit driving home, but I figured it was just so sore.

But it didn't get better.  So after I got something to eat, I went to Urgent Care.  The doctor there had me get three x-rays and they saw a 3 mm. fragment of something about an inch into my heel.  The doctor got some very sharp tiny tweezers and tried to get it, but no luck.  So she checked to make sure my tetnus shot was up to date, gave me some anti-biotics to take because I have a foreign object in my body, and told me to soak my foot in warm water several times a day.  She said for sure my body would work it out and expel it.  But it might take a couple of weeks.  *sigh*

I had gone to Urgent Care by myself, but I called Joe when I got out and he went with me to get my medicine so I wouldn't have to walk across the store at Shoprite to get to the pharmacy.  I waited in the car.  When he came out, he had a rotisserie chicken and some potato salad for dinner so that I wouldn't have to stand and cook.  What a sweetheart he is.

Life goes on.  It's not always good, but it's always interesting.

See you all later...

Kathy







18 comments:

  1. Good luck
    Why didn’t doctor remove it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She couldn't reach it. And they don't do surgery at Urgent Care.

      Delete
  2. Hope you are able to recover soon, foot injuries are no fun. Hugs, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that happened! I know Joe will take good care of you but take it easy my friend! Sending you both extra hugs tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! You're right. Always something. I'll be praying that your body wants to get rid of it sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, so sorry about that. If it's not one thing it's another lately isn't it? Follow the doctor's orders and it should loosen up and come out. Please don't go bare foot indoors. Get a pair of slippers or flip flops. Much more comfortable than shoes when you're in your house and you'll protect your feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to wear flip flops all the time but can't anymore because my toes are all disfigured and I can't get them on. They are painful now too. I just can't stand anything on my feet. I tolerate shoes when I go out. I'm not the only one. A lot of my friends are like that too.

      Delete
  6. You are so right about one thing & another. I was wondering about why the doctor didn't remove it. That being said,I guess I get it. Bless Joe for thinking of dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She didn't remove it because she couldn't.

      Delete
  7. Hi Kathy. I am so sorry that this happened. Ouch! Wow, I will pray that you can get the glass out of your foot soon. If soaking it doesn't work - get yourself to a good podiatrist and get that glass out! Let us know how it goes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The doctor said if it doesn't come out in a week to call the Rothman Institute and get an appointment. Usually takes about a month to get in there though.

      Delete
  8. Hi Kathy, I am so sorry to hear of the piece of glass in your foot. I am surprised that the doctor allowed you to go home with that piece of glass still in your foot. What if it doesn't come out? Would you consider calling your clinic now that you've already gone to Urgent Care and making a regular appointment with a podiatrist? It doesn't sound safe to keep that piece of glass in your foot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is like a splinter. It will work its way out. Not dangerous,

      Delete
  9. Oh no, that sounds so painful! I'm so sorry that glass is still in your foot, yikes. Your Joe is a sweetheart! Take care of your foot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope it comes out really soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouch!! Sad to read what happened. Praying 🙏 for your wound in foot and glass gets out asap. So kind of Joe to get food for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear. That sounds wretched! I hope it comes out sooner rather than later!

    When my husband was in middle school, a piece of a sewing needle broke off in his foot. The doctor couldn't see it and thought nothing was there. About a week later, it came to the surface and he pulled it out himself with a pair of tweezers. I suppose our bodies do work to get rid of a foreign object!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ouch, sorry to hear about the mishap, Kathy, and hope that within a few days you will be feeling better or at the very least less hurting. Joe was a sweetheart to get dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.