Monday, June 6, 2022

THE COOKOUT


Hello, friends.  Hope you are having a wonderful day.  I thought I would tell you about this past weekend.  Every year around this time my sister has a cookout at her house to celebrate the birthdays of Joe and our friends Marion and Frank.  All are within days of each other.

The traffic was really bad and several times I got caught behind slow moving trucks.  So it took us about 2 1/2 hours to get there.  We were the last to arrive.

We brought our friend Carole with us.  As you can see it was very sunny.  And very hot.



I took this selfie and thought it turned out pretty good.  I guess doing my YouTube channel has given me a lot of practice photographing myself.


I always have liked Elaine's patriotic wreath on her door.  The "America" sign underneath is from Kirklands.  I have one exactly like it except mine broke in half.  I'm trying to figure out how to glue it back together.


This is my brother, Larry.  Even though we live about an hour apart, I almost never see him.  We are both really busy.


And my sister, Elaine, the hostess.


Here's Marion the birthday girl and her husband Rich.


Elaine got a birthday cake with all their names on it.  It was really good.  She made rice pudding too that everyone was raving about.  I don't like rice pudding so I didn't have any.



We made good time going home and got here in exactly 2 hours.  In spite of it being so hot, it was a good day and we all had a great time.

On to another month.  Trying hard to wrap my brain around this year being almost half over already.  Yikes!  See you all later.

Kathy
 




11 comments:

  1. Sounds like everybody had a great time. You don't think crazy / gorilla glue will fix your sign? The cake is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, It's always a fun time to get together with friends and family isn't it? I have some family graduations coming up in June. That cake looks delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great time! It's nice when family can manage to get together these days. It can be hard with everyone's busyness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always good to gather! Yes, you got some great pics and a good selfie, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy. It looks like a lovely birthday and family celebration! So glad you and Joe could participate. Hope you have a good June! See you again soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun time celebrating birthdays! Hot weather isn't always fun. We were at an airshow a few weeks ago when it was 72 degrees but didn't get too burnt except a bit on spot close to hands. We still are getting rain every week, which is ok except for time I'd like to get weeds out of the flower bed. One down, one more to go. Hopefully Saturday since I'm off work that day. Yes, half way through the year and enjoying it so far! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aside from the long travel time and warm weather, it looks like the day was a very good one spent celebrating with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe I’ve missed the blogging world but I’m back! So fun to catch up. Great pics! Looks like a great time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good to see you enjoying time with your family members. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.