Saturday, January 8, 2022

THE COFFEE CALENDAR, PT. 2


 It is a cold day.  A very cold day.  And getting colder as the week goes on.  Right now it is 32*F (0*C).  Since I have cold induced asthma, I am debating about going to church tomorrow.  The temperature then is supposed to be 44*F (6*C) so a bit better.  But on Tuesday when I am supposed to teach Bible Study it will be around 15*F (-9*C) which I am really thinking about.

Sorry I have been missing in action lately.  I have had a doctor's appointment every day this week.  All different doctors with all different ailments.  I am falling apart.  Still more coming up this month and next.  It is not fun.

But let me tell you about Joe's Coffee Calendar.  He had opened some more.  Some he liked, and some not.  But his favorite one so far is this one.


He loved it so much that I think I will be getting him a box for Valentine's Day.  Or his birthday.  He said it tasted like a chocolate cream in his coffee.

The next one he tried was this:  Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Coffee.


Joe said this was OK but he didn't like it too much.  It was strong and he doesn't like strong coffee.  He could taste the chocolate and hazelnut though.

The third coffee he tried was Newman's Own Organics Special Blend Medium Roast Coffee.


He did not like this one at all!  In fact he took a couple of mouthfuls and threw the rest out.  Joe said this one was terrible.

So we opened the next one to see if that was better.  This was Green Mountain Breakfast Blend Light Roast Coffee.

Joe said this one was excellent and he would buy it.  I forgot to take the picture before he used it so there is a Keurig puncture hole in the label.

And the last one he tried was Caribou Blend.


He didn't like this one either.  It was too strong for his taste.  But if you like strong coffee, you might like this.

We are continuing on, one coffee pod at a time.  I'll show you more when he drinks more.  (Ha, ha!)

In the meantime, keep drinking something hot to keep warm and I will see you soon.

Until later...

Kathy




13 comments:

  1. It looks very cold and stormy where you are. I hope you are feeling better and all your doctor appointments are finding out what will help you feel better. We are going to be back to online church here in Utah due to a terrible Covid spike and another mask mandate going into effect. I am really ready to be done with Covid. Stay warm and have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cold is the word. We're going into the deep freeze (below zero) for a couple of days this week. I am in agreement with many of Joe's choices. Must be that I don't like strong coffee either. All those doctors! May everything work out for your best. Ongoing prayers for your well being.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is too cold.I like Joe's choices. We have a Keurig at the
    shelter. I like the Green Mountain also. While I don't care for
    the Red Velvet as a flavor, the coffee sounds interesting...I hope & pray all the doctor visits result in positive answers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never liked the flavored coffee but they would be good served cold in the afternoon with a snack! Hope you feel better today. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry you have had such a tough time of it medically. Praying it gets better for you and you get some good solid answers to what is going on.
    I am not fond of flavored coffees at all and I do not like Paul Newman's either. Tastes like weeds to me.
    Happy Sunday- Stay safe and warm. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon!
    I like the fkavored coffees with a lot of cream. When we order coffee at a restaurnat or coffee shop, Louis Dean says 'Just bring her the cow!'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like the coffees that Joe didn't like:) No flavored coffees but a dark roast for me. I've tried Paul Newman's coffee and liked it but my sister didn't like it and that's why she gave it to me. I hope the doctors can help with your health issues Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly are not having a good start to this new year, Kathy, and hope that the appointments go well and that you will get some relief. It was interesting to read about the coffee pods. We have only bought Green Mountain brand pods, although I do enjoy flavored coffees, Pat prefers just the regular coffee pods and then we buy the flavored creamers instead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Red velvet coffee, don't think I'd like that! I like strong coffee and some flavors (pumpkin spice and peppermint)....I'd say Joe and I are not alike in our coffee preferences ☺
    Certainly hope all those appointments are producing some helpful results. Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh good, my computer is letting me comment on your blog. The box of K cups arrived yesterday...red velvet latte. My husband and I really like it. His coffee is usually much sweeter than mine so he REALLY likes it. It taste like dessert to me. Nice to have once in awhile but a little sweet. Hubby has had two!!! cups today. So it is a success. We'll keep the box. Thanks Kathy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.