Tuesday, May 1, 2018

THIRD DAY OF THE 135TH BFC ANNUAL CONFERENCE

Hi everyone.  I am having a lot of trouble with my computer and I'm afraid it is finally giving up the ghost on me.  So if you don't hear from me in awhile, you will know why.  I want to download as much as I can onto my external drive and then take this to Staples and see if it can be fixed.

So I decided instead of a "Goodbye to April" post, I'd continue on with the last day of the Conference.

I woke up while it was still dark with the sound of ... rain.


I went back to bed hoping the rain would stop.  But by daylight, it was still coming down.  And pretty hard too.



Fortunately we had brought our umbrellas with us.  We got ready and headed over to breakfast.  Scrambled eggs, sausage and hash browns for me. 
On the way over I saw these lichen on the trees.  I knew I had to take a picture.


Or two.


After we ate we headed to Fellowship Hall for the morning session.  The moderator called the session to order and then there was some singing.




Pastor Barnes spoke on Rebuilding a Church.  Another great message.


I wanted to get a picture of Joe and Sean together to put on the church's facebook page.  While I was doing that we ran into Joshua so I added him in.  Joe, Sean and Joshua did a lot of the preaching and helped to hold the congregation together during the year we did not have a pastor.  It was good to see all of them.


I stayed for the morning meeting.  I was able to access wifi in the meeting room so I was looking at my email while listening to what was going on.  As the meeting ended Joe came over to me and said he was very tired and wanted to leave after lunch.  So that's what we did. 

Lunch was rice with chicken stew over it and a biscuit.  So good.  And then I gave in and had a small piece of cake.  Five cakes in three days was a lot and I was very good until then.

As we went to check out, we parked by the Children's Garden.  I took one last photo.


We left and headed over to the Super 8 hotel where we were going to spend the night.  We got the room we always have.  We like the handicapped room because it has bars on the tub area and makes it easier for us.  Apparently they have only one handicapped room and so we get the same room each time we go there.

The coffee maker had some nice accessories.


The view out of the window was nice.  Still raining.


The bed was big and comfy.


A nice chair to sit and read along with a microwave and refrigerator.


Nice big bathroom.  You can see the bars on the tub area.


We decided to have dinner at our favorite Japanese restaurant there -- Ichiban Hibachi Grill.  Joe saw they had Japanese soda and got a melon one.  He really likes that soda.  Too sweet for me.


They had both regular and low salt soy sauce.  I had never seen that before.


Joe loved the miso soup.  Again although I don't hate it, it's just not for me.


I got the most wonderful fried sweet potato sushi.  It was fabulous and I told the waitress so.  I did have six pieces, but ate four before I remembered to take a picture.


Joe had vegetable tempura.  He said it was really good.


And best of all we got the whole meal for about $15.

It was still raining, so we went back to the hotel, watched TV and fell asleep.  It was the end of a really nice week.

Kathy



9 comments:

  1. Such a good photo of Joe,Sean,& Joshua together.All great guys! The chicken lunch sounds delicious,though I'm not a fan of sushi.The scenery there is so lovely.I could daydream there for hours...Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your computer can be repaired and you get everything transferred before you take it in. Looks like and sounds like you had a good trip to the conference and had some good food to enjoy while there. Happy May Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your motel room looks really comfy. A nice way to end your trip. Gosh, so sad to hear about your computer. Mine is making funny noises now so it's time to back everything up again on my external drive. you have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got to end your week away with a nice room at the motel and your favorite Japanese meal! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've enjoyed reading about your trip to conference. Glad all went well. What a nice room at the motel!
    Hopefully your computer can be fixed.
    God bless your day, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, If I lived near by, I would love to share your worship services. I love the singing and how kind everyone seems, plus sharing meals reminds me of my days with Mrs. Russell, my guardian angel. She always took me to church celebrations. I just came home from visiting her gravesite. Take care of yourself. Can't wait to read about your whole trip. Blessings to you and Joe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am happy to see that you found a place with bigger rooms and a bigger bed. That coffee looks great too! Love the picture of the gazebo. Hope you get your computer up and running soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Kathy!!!! long time huh? hope you fix your computer . Ive been know to crash one or two..lol....
    your motel looks cozy . hope everything is well with you Ill be catching up with your blog tonight Ive been soooooooo busy... hugs marissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to read about the PC ills, Kathy, and hope that it can either be "healed" or perhaps replaced not too expensively. The meal and motel seemed very nice after a long and rainy day. Hope that Joe is feeling better too. I also enjoy tempura.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.