Saturday, May 19, 2018

THE THIRD ANNUAL LADIES' BRUNCH

Hello, friends!  I am so busy these days that it is hard to keep up.  Blogging has definitely taken a back seat in my life.  One more busy week to go and then hopefully I will have more time to connect with you all.

Today was the third annual Ladies' Brunch at church.  I invited a lot of my friends, but only one showed up.  I was having a good time eating and talking and forgot to take pictures until the end.  But I do have some to show you.

The food was so good.  Dorothea made it all except for the muffins which I made.  Late last night I got to baking the blueberry and the chocolate chip muffins.  They obviously turned out good because there were only four left which I brought home to Joe and he devoured.

For brunch we had fresh melons and pineapple, scrambled eggs, cheesy potatoes, bacon, sausage, rice and chicken, and salad.  And of course muffins.  There was orange juice, coffee and tea.  Yum!




Carolyn, our pastor's wife, introduced the guest speaker.


Ellin North was so interesting.  She spoke on looking in a mirror and seeing ourselves not just as we look to us, but as God sees us.  Every year our speakers get better and better.



As a take-home gift she gave us a mirror and a list of verses to look up that tells us how God sees us.


It was a great day even though I was really tired because I got up early to watch the Royal Wedding.  Hopefully I will catch up on my sleep sometime this week.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Kathy

8 comments:

  1. The food looks delicious!The list of verses is so inspiring. May we all look into the mirror & see God's way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds like a very nice gathering. I like what the speaker spoke about and how she brought it to life with the mirror. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so nice, especially the food. I watched the wedding on TV, and enjoyed it very much. Such a beautiful couple! Even though the ceremony was so long, it was fascinating. I thought the Queen looked lovely too. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great message and the gift that complemented it perfectly. The brunch sounds yummy!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Good food and a good message! Great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful event and I like what she spoke on. Enjoy your Sunday afternoon my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a really nice event for the ladies with a great speaker as well. And, I can understand that you have really been busy, Kathy, after catching up on some previous posts about Joe's birthday party. Like yourself, I too enjoy blogging as it is my only form of social media. That said sometimes we do have to take a break and make more time for the things in our personal lives and for those in our lives. Rest assured, most bloggers have the same time issues and will understand. Life really is too short to rush everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean....it's hard for me to get any blogging accomplished too. It's been crazy here too. I do love hearing from you when you can :)
    Your Women's Brunch looks so nice. Wow, bless you and the other lady who provided all the food!
    Take care, Kathy. May God bless your busy days with wonderful rest at the end of them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.