Wednesday, February 14, 2018

VALENTINE'S DAY




Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!  It has been a rather low key day for us.  Joe has been very sick with an upper respiratory infection.  We finally ended up calling the doctor last night.  His doctor is out of the country for three weeks, so another one of the doctors ordered him an antibiotic.  Unfortunately, the prescription was sent to the wrong pharmacy so we didn't end up getting it until today.  It's too soon to tell if it is helping, but it sure can't hurt.

I'm really not feeling all that great myself.  So I ended up ordering my groceries online and going to pick them up late this morning.  I love that ShopRite has that feature for me.  Although I would rather pick out my own food, when I can't walk through the store, this helps out a lot.

Joe spoiled me with Valentine's gifts.  Yesterday I received a huge bouquet from him.  It's gorgeous!




Of course he had the florist include one red rose.  It's our symbol of love.  Every year I get my one red rose in some form.



Besides this, he gave me a glass rose.  One that I can keep forever.




And then because he loves me, he got me Peeps.  Regular and strawberry cream.  He also got me two Reese's peanut butter cups hearts, but I already ate those.


Tonight Joe went to his Veteran's meeting so we didn't get to have our dinner.  That will be tomorrow night.

Hope you all had a wonderful day too.  Sorry I've been missing for awhile.  Just not feeling well.  I'll try to catch up with you all soon.

Kathy

11 comments:

  1. Awwww, you had a sweet, loving Valentines Day! Beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Valentine's Day you had! The bouquet is so pretty but the glass rose..that is so unique. I know you were surprised. Peeps are good too. I got a heart box of Hershey kisses (my favorite!) and the most beautifully versed card ever.I found one for him as well.
    Hope you both feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you and hubby will be feeling better soon I really love your glass Rose its so special look after yourselves x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely gifts!! The glass rose is so pretty. We had a low key Valentines evening but we are going out for the day on Saturday so I am looking forward to that. Hope you both feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a romantic husband you have!!! He chose beautiful gifts for you,, and yummy!! I hope you both feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it that he even got you Peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, I hope both of you are feeling better real soon. He is such a sweetie to you. Your flowers are gorgeous, and I just love that pink glass rose. The peeps are nice, but I'm a chocolate lover. So glad you had a wonderful Valentines Day. Get well and have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you both feel 100% soon! Your hubby spoiled the heck out of you! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy, I loved your valentine's gifts. So pretty. I hope your Joe is better today. Seems we can't escape all the winter ills that are going around. Take care of each other. Blessings , xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you and your husband get better! Sounds like you had a good day regardless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.