Friday, February 2, 2018

GROUNDHOG DAY


From what I have heard -- yes, he did.  Poor Phil pulled from his nice warm hole and then frightened by his shadow.  I don't know how Phil sees anything with all the cameras flashing at him.  No wonder he is frightened and wants to go back into his hole.

PHOTO: Groundhog Club co-handler John Grifiths holds Punsxutawney Phil the weather prognosticating groundhog during the Groundhog Day celebratio, in Punxsutawney, Penn., Feb. 2, 2018. Phil saw his shadow and predicted six more weeks of winter.

And Phil might just be right because it was bitterly cold this morning and we got snow.  Nice big flakes coming down as I was driving over to pick up Kathy so we could go to the Crafters meeting today.  Fortunately when we came out two hours later it had stopped snowing and only a trace of it was left on the ground.  By this afternoon it was gone.

Nothing much going on today.  I do have to get myself in gear and get some work done around this house.  I have so much I want to do and document so I can show you.  But if I don't do it, those posts will never be written.  So hang in there folks.  I'm sure I'll get around to things sooner or later.  But not tonight.  I'm headed to bed.

Kathy









4 comments:

  1. I feel so bad for Phil! If somebody had pulled me out of my nice warm den,I'd probably be wishing more than 6 more weeks of winter on them! Berks County news has "Patty" (instead of Phil) & she predicted an early spring! So it's a tie.Snuggle in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will. It's going to be COLD today. Be careful going to work.

      Delete
  2. Since we moved to Florida, we don't really care about Phil. LOL I do feel bad for the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I too feel bad for P. Phil. It can't be fun being pulled out of your warm little bed and strutted around outside in the wicked cold. Between Patty and Phil, I do think Phil got it right. We still have a few more weeks of wicked winter weather ahead of us. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.