Monday, June 26, 2017

MEN'S BREAKFAST

The Saturday before Father's Day was the Men's Breakfast at church.  Last year was the first annual and 6 men showed up.  This year there were 14 men present.  Such a good time they had (according to Joe).  I took a few pictures before leaving them to their meal.

 Dorothea made a delicious fruit salad.  She also made the breakfast -- eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, french toast, rice pudding.  She is a wonder.




 I made two loaves of lemon blueberry bread.  You can see some all sliced up in the background on the table.

I also took a short video of the men singing just before I left.


I am so glad this has become an annual thing.  Hopefully it will go on for a long time to come.

Kathy

9 comments:

  1. They are doing great...an increase of over 100% in one year! When word of the menu gets out, they'll have lots and lots. The men at our church have monthly breakfasts. They do love to eat and be together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me happy to see a group of godly men gather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have noticed how much your church has grown in the past year.
    What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To see godly men gather together warms my heart. I think they need the support of each other as much as we ladies do.Bless Dorothea for providing! Love the song!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, a group of Godly men together, how special !
    Looks like they all had a grand time, the food, fellowship, and friends.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, I wish our world had more God worshiping men. I know they would all help one another if needed. That was a great breakfast. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dorothea is a wonder! I cannot imagine getting all that food made and having it ready and warm at one time. The men at our church disbanded their monthly breakfasts for the summer. One man said last Sunday night that he really misses it. Men do appreciate getting together. I think it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just had Alan listen to the men sing on your video. He really liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.