Saturday, June 17, 2017

MEAL OF THE WEEK -- TURKEY TACO BURGER

I am so enjoying the Shop Rite meal of the week.  I thought I would start sharing them with you since these are really good recipes.  Let me warn you that not all of them are easy, but they are all good.  There was only one I did not like and I threw that card away.  Here is the one I did last week.

TURKEY TACO BURGER
Prep time:  10 minutes
Cook time:  10 minutes
Serves 4

Ingredients:
1 lb. 93% lean ground turkey
1 tbsp. low-sodium Mexican taco seasoning
2 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 avocado, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
1 large ripe tomato thinly sliced
4 cups mixed greens
Fresh pico de gallo salsa (optional)

1.  In a large bowl combine ground turkey, taco seasoning and cilantro; mix well.  Form mixture into 4 patties.


2.  Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.  Add turkey patties; cook 5 to 6 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165*F.
 

Top each turkey burger with avocado tomato and mixed greens.  If desired, spoon with pico de gallo before serving.




Make it a meal:  Serve with black beans and grilled corn on the cob.


Per serving:  200 calories, 10g fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 35mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 1g total sugar, 0g added sugars, 22g protein


I did not use cilantro because I am allergic to it.  (Found that out the hard way.)  And the salsa was a bit hot for me, but still good.  I liked the burgers a lot!  I think next time I will make the burgers as burgers with a bun and put the toppings on it that way.  But this is a keeper and I will make it again.

Kathy
 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I like a bit of pico di gilo. My dau in law is allergic to avocado but it's yummy. I'm making home made pizza tonite. Thanks for sharing the recipes. Happy weekend. God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds yummy! I like all the toppings except for one. =D Your hubby looks content with his meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a keeper! I'll consider trying it as it does seem easy.Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great recipe! Joe looks so well in this picture. I hope he is having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catching up with you while I have Internet! Looks good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good! And doesn't sound difficult. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.