Monday, April 3, 2017

WHAT'S HAPPENING


Hello, everyone!  Hope you are all having a wonderful April.  The weather here has been so great.

The other night Joe and I decided to go to Chick-Fil-A.  It's been quite a while since we were there.  Isn't it amazing that we always get the same thing?  I have to get out of my comfort zone and try something different there.


Joe loved this picture.  He kept commenting on it and asked me to take a picture of it.
 


Across the street from Chick-Fil-A they are knocking down an old building.  I heard they are going to put a new Marshall's there.  I hope they do.  I love Marshall's.  There was a rumor that one was going in at an old store down the street, but it turned out to be a Ross.
 



On Friday we finally got the dishwasher delivered.  Here is our old one.


And the box with our new one.
 

The guys who delivered it were so nice.  The lead guy, Marc, said we should be glad the first guys did not install it because he and his partner Julio go behind cleaning up all the mistakes the first two guys make.  These two would have installed it but I had already cancelled the installation.  When I heard that, I knew that God had taken care of us by not letting the first crew install it.

Bright and early Saturday morning the plumbers came to install the new one.  Yeah, it cost more, but they did a wonderful job.  They even took the old one away with them and cleaned up after themselves.  Here's the new one.
 
 
Joe ran the first load.  It works so well.  The dishes are cleaner than they have been in a long time.  With the old one we sometimes had to rewash things.  I guess it must have been going for awhile and we didn't notice.

Joe began his third week of physical therapy today to get the use of his hand back.  He is doing so well!  He goes for six weeks altogether.

I had so much to do today and didn't do anything but sleep.  Every once in awhile I don't sleep well at night and then I crash for a couple of days.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.  Well, I can't sleep all day tomorrow because I am teaching Bible study in the morning.  And I MUST work on that tonight.

YOUTUBE VIDEOS
Joe and I finished watching The Victorian Pharmacy.  How interesting!  It had four parts and went through sixty years of how a pharmacy changed from 1840 to 1900.  It was great.  Now we are starting on the Edwardian Farm.

I found a new channel called "Herodotus MK2: The Father of History."  Such great history videos there.  The only trouble is there are tons of them and I want to watch them all.  Just when I think I'm getting somewhere, he adds 18-24 more!  The ones I've seen are:
Ancient Rome: the Power and the Glory
Part 1 -- The Rise of the Roman Empire
Part 2 -- The Grasp of an Empire
Part 3 -- The Legions of Conquest
Part 4 -- The Cult of Order
Part 5 -- The Seduction of Power
Part 6 -- The Fall of the Roman Empire

I have started a new series but will tell you about that when I finish.  This was so good and I learned TONS.

APRIL AT 7 P.M.
A new series of evening pictures for you.

 April 1

I will upload the others and show them to you next time.  The sky is so pretty here.

So that's it for this time.  I'm going out to make dinner.  No idea what I'm having.  I'll find something, though.

Have a good evening!

 

14 comments:

  1. Kathy- I love Chick-Fil-A but we don't have them around here. We try to stop there with the kids when we travel because we have never been disappointed. We don't have Marshall's around here either, darn it.
    Sounds like Joe is doing great with his PT. Hopefully, he will be as good as new when all is said and done.
    Hope your Bible study is a good one tomorrow AND Happy Watching. I love some of those documentaries and historical shows.
    Have a good night-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I discovered when I go to Chick-Fil-A that I like the grilled chicken better than the original. It is juicier and has a better taste to me. You should try it when you go next if you haven't already.

      Joe is getting better each day. Sometimes I think he pushes himself more than he should. Insurance will pay for another 3 1/2 weeks and he should be good by then.

      Delete
  2. We like Chick-Fil-A but don't think to go there as often as we should. That series on Rome sounds really good. I'll have to look for it. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't go to Chick-Fil-A very often either. The Roman series was great. I loved it.

      Delete
  3. So you watched the Victorian Pharmacy on Youtube? I can do that! Sounds like something I would enjoy!
    Congrats on your new dishwasher!! I got one not too long ago and love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, we watch more youtube than we do TV. You would also like the historic farm series. The first one is Tales from the Green Valley and then the Victorian Farm. Now we are on the Edwardian Farm.

      We didn't need the expense of a new dishwasher, but ours bit the dust.

      Delete
  4. Hi kathy, LOVE chick fil a. We especially love their lemonade so delicious and the employees are always so nice there. congrats on your new dishwasher they come in so handy..XoXo Marissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marissa! Welcome back! I didn't know you were back to blogging. I went and looked at all of your past posts that I missed. Tealyn is getting so big!

      Delete
  5. Kathy I think you will enjoy the farm series as those presenters are very good. The farm is part of a museum....http://www.actonscott.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave, Acton Scott was the Victorian Farm. We already watched that. We are now watching the Edwardian Farm. It is located in Morwellham Quay in Devon and also has Ruth, Alex and Peter. Just Ruth was in the Victorian Pharmacy. We are loving all of these historic farm series. Thanks for the website. I'm going to go look at it.

      Delete
  6. God was watching out for you with the first delivery men! Congrats on the new one. Glad to hear Joe is doing so well with therapy. I like the sky photo.
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, God really did watch out for us. Glad you like the sky photo.

      Delete
  7. Yeah for your new dishwasher, Kathy, and for clean dishes too! We have never been to a Chick-Fil-a even though there is one here in Nashua...maybe one day. And I also watch a lot on You Tube especially old movies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are lucky to have a Chick-fil-A near you. I think I have only eaten there once in my life and I loved it. Glad Joe is experiencing success with his hand therapy. Also glad that you are happy with the new dish washer. Life should be easier in the kitchen. I like your new series call 7 PM.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.