Monday, April 10, 2017

TARGET HAUL


It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.  It got up into the 80s today.  Sunny, warm, nice breeze...  What could be better?

I'm feeling so much better today but Joe is still very sick.  I spent much of this morning on the phone.  I cancelled taking my car into the garage until Wednesday.  I then called Joe's doctor.  She couldn't see him today, but called in an antibiotic to the drugstore for him.  He has taken one dose and already his fever is down and his nose is better.  I got him some saline nasal spray too.  I also cancelled his physical therapy appointment.  There is no way he could have done it.

I had to go to a different pharmacy for my prescription and while there I got some Puffs tissues with lotion for Joe's poor little red nose.

On Saturday I went to lunch with my friend Carol.  We went to the Country Club.  I haven't been there in so long because they got a new chef and the food quality went down.  But I figured it would be OK for lunch.  I hadn't eaten breakfast, so I went for that and got one of my favorites:  a Belgian waffle with sliced strawberries and whipped cream.  Oh my, it was so good.  Carol had fried chicken with mashed potatoes and fried eggplant.  She said it was great.  So maybe it's OK to try dinner again.

After I dropped Carol off I went to Target.  I still had a gift card from my birthday that I wanted to use.  I found some really cute things.



Look at this cute watering can I found in the dollar spot.  It was $3 and I am going to use it in my garden this year.  The bunny salt and pepper shakers were also $3 each.  So cute!
 


I got some pretty Spring and Easter Washi tape.  Only $1 each.
 

The veggies were on sale so I got a couple of boxes.  Then I saw the pot stickers.  I knew I wanted to make fried rice and this was perfect to go along with that.  (They were very good.)
 

Baking soda for 50 cents.  I didn't need it, but couldn't pass it up.  Like the box says, there are 100s of uses for it.  I use it a lot cleaning the kitchen.
 

My friend, Diane, gave me a basil grow kit for my birthday.  It's doing wonderfully!  So I thought I would try these too.  I hope they do just as well.

I also got some personal hygiene items and some Easter candy.  I think I did pretty well even though I did spend more than I expected to.  As usual!

APRIL @ 7 P.M.
I haven't posted in a few days.  Here's what you've missed.

April 8
 Once I download the others, I will post them.

Time for me to go make dinner.  Stuffed peppers tonight.  Have a good evening everyone.

Kathy

 


5 comments:

  1. I had to smile when I read that you purchased Puffs for Joe's nose. Such a caring wife. I'd do the same for Russ. It's the small things that say a lot. Your Target haul looks worth the trip.Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Joe! You definitely need tissues for a red and sore nose.
    I have a little weather envy! We still have freezing temps at night.
    Another great shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I sure hope Joe gets well soon. Don't you just love getting gift cards...I sure doo...they come in handy. Blessings for a great day there. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear that you are feeling better. Certainly hope Joe is soon there too!
    Love your Target purchases. Your watering can is just the cutest. This weather is so nice. I've been on my porch every chance I can get.
    Take care, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You little sprinkling can and bun buns are so cute! I have little bunnies everywhere. Yesterday Alan went to the bank and when he got home he told me how they decorated the bank. I said, "Well, I have a hurricane lamp so why don't I go over to my neighbors and ask her for some sticks from her yard?" I got them and painted them white. Alan mixed up some colored Easter grass for the lamp, added the sticks and hung Easter Eggs from the branches. It looks very festive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.