Thursday, August 11, 2016

DAY FOUR OF THE WORK WEEK AND WE TOOK THE DAY OFF


And I don't mean brrrr.  I'm not ready for cold.  Just a break in the oppressive heat.  And of course my favorite month of the year -- September.  For as long as I can remember I have always loved September.  I was always so excited to go to school.  I love the sight of newly sharpened pencils and clean notebooks.  Of unused crayons and the smell of leaves burning.  Ah... September.  Joe loves September too and I think that may be why we decided to get married in September.

This September is special too because it is our tenth wedding anniversary.  And they said it wouldn't last!  Well, at least one person said that to us.

Joe had another doctor's appointment today so we decided to sleep in and just go to the VA Hospital.  I don't know about Joe, but I needed it.  I am so tired.  I was so tired that I fell asleep in the waiting room waiting for Joe to come out of the doctor's office.  I woke up when the book I was reading fell to the floor.

But the good news is I finally finished the book on Napoleon.  It was so good and I learned a lot about him.  I am glad that I read it.  Another thing I learned was never assume a book is an easy read just because it's small.

We stopped at the library on the way home so I could return my book and another one I had and give them two bags of plastic bags.  So glad to get that out of my house.  Bob waited on me.  I was glad to see him even though he was really busy.  I wanted to jump behind the desk and help him.

When we got home both Joe and I took naps.  I am really tired.  If I could keep going every day, I would still be working.  This has been a tough week.

I woke up with the phone ringing.  The guys from Wallingford had left for the day but had forgotten to lock up the church.  So we went over and locked the building.  On the way home we stopped at 7-11 for cold drinks.  It was HOT today (95*F but felt like 103*F).  I have a new favorite drink.  It's Lipton Brisk Half and Half Iced Tea and Tropical Lemonade.  So good!


Tonight has been rather low key and I am so happy it is.  I'm tired.  Very tired.  And tomorrow I am right back at it.  I'm so happy to be with everyone all week, but I will also be happy when the whole thing is over.

Kathy

 

1 comment:

  1. I needed this blog today! For me,the month is October. That is when we got married & it is definitely jacket weather! Give me a good stiff breeze! Glad you finished your book. Hope you & Joe find time to just relax..zzzzz.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.