Sunday, April 20, 2014

EASTER -- Warning: Picture overload



It has been a long day!  I started by baking an apple dump cake for fellowship time this morning.  I wasn't ready, so I took Joe and the cake to church, then came home to shower and change my clothes.  I got to church really late!

It was fun talking with all my friends after the service.
Bud, Joe, Pastor Justin

Dorothea, Juliette, Anne

Connor was into everything!

Joe and me
 I wanted to get a picture of little Miss A, but the one I took turned out blurry.  She was being fussy today and not a bit happy to be in church and being passed from person to person.

Grandpa, Miss A and Mom


This afternoon a group of us went out to dinner at Houlihan's.  My brother Larry, sister-in-law Kim, her mom Marilyn, my sister Elaine, our friends Carole and Walt and Joe and I made up the group.  We had a great time.

Joe

Marilyn and Elaine

Me.  Yes, I know my hair is getting long.  It's even longer in the back.

Walt

Walt, Carole and Kim

Carole, Kim and Larry

Marilyn

Larry


I thought I would give you one last post of my Easter decorations.  They all go away this week for another year.

I love this bunny on my next-door neighbor's door.

I have a bouquet of calla lilies and Easter eggs.

My table by the door.

These Beatrix Potter books added just the right touch.


My sister Elaine gave me a milk chocolate bar, a coconut cream egg and a peeps pop with four peeps on it.  So cute!

One of my Easter Cherished Teddies.

And the other one.
I have still more to show you, but that's for another day.  I hope you all had a marvelous Easter Day.



Kathy
-------------------------------------
Sunday's weather:
Partly cloudy
High:  58 degrees
Low:  40 degrees
(Even though it was chilly, it was still so much better than the winter we just went through.) 
Sunrise:  6:15 a.m.
Sunset:  7:44 p.m.
13 hours and 29 minutes of daylight

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog. The way you describe things makes me feel like I'm right there.Never seen a peeps
    pop before. How cute! I didn't feel well but still enjoyed the beautiful weather and the fact that Christ
    has risen!
    Have a joyous day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you celebrated Easter with a beautiful group of family and friends. We had a wonderful Easter here as well. Enjoy your week ahead Miss Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, Looks as if you had a wonderful Easter. Shared with family and friends. I didn't have any decorations to put away. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a blessed Easter with family and friends. I popped over from Nana Diana's blog. I enjoyed reading your post.
    Julie
    www.franklysouthern.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.