Sunday, November 24, 2013

ANOTHER WORKING SATURDAY

Another beautiful fall day.


Yesterday was week one of my three-in-a-row Saturdays to work.  I really don't mind working Saturdays.  Having Friday off when places are open on their usual Monday to Friday schedule is kind of nice.  I always get a lot done.

I was the only one of the staff with a key so I had to be on time to let everyone else in.  I made it!

What a freezing cold day it was!  I went out to empty the drop box without my coat and I thought I was going to turn into an icicle.  You can be sure that I put my coat on at the end of the day to open the box up again.  Brrrr!!!!

At quarter to five when I went out to the box the sun was just setting.  The sky was a beautiful red and gold with the lights of the towers of center city against it.  It was a gorgeous shot.  I was hoping it would still be there when I got out of work, but by the time I got back to the corner and got my camera out the colors had all faded.  *sigh*  I was so disappointed.  It looked sort of like this, but even more so. 


I had a quick dinner tonight.  Spaghetti and meatballs.  I always make and keep meatballs in the freezer then it's real easy to throw things together for a meal.  Just the thing for a night when you've worked all day.  I'm not crazy about spaghetti, but Joe loves it.

Tomorrow is Pie and Praise at church.  It's our annual Thanksgiving celebration.  I signed up to bring a sugar-free pie.  I would have been bringing one anyway because of Joe.  But Joe actually made his strawberry chiffon pie tonight.  It is in the fridge now setting up.  It's made with Jello and Cool Whip in a graham cracker crust.  I'll show you a picture later with all the other pies.  Hopefully I will also get a sugar-free apple pie made this afternoon.

So our new heater is not working well.  We have no heat on the second or third floors.  The thermostat says it is 74 degrees in here, but the thermometer says it's 64 degrees.  Joe put a call in to the plumbers and they will be here tomorrow afternoon.  I hope it's not something horrible and that it can be fixed quickly.  I'm down on the sofa.  I don't know how Joe can sleep upstairs.  Although he says he isn't cold.  I have the fire going and I'm still chilly.

I'm going to try to get some more sleep before I have to get up for church.  So until later...

Thanksgiving Trivia Quiz:
Yesterday's answer:  George Washington
Todays question:  When do Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving?
          a)  Same as the U.S.
          b)  Second Monday in November
          c)  Second Monday in October
          d)  Fourth Thursday in October
==============================
Saturday's weather
Sunny
High:  54 degrees
Low:  29 degrees
Sunrise:  6:55 a.m.
Sunset:  4:38 p.m.
9 hours and 43 minutes of daylight
Waning gibbous moon 72%


1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of the trees at the top of the blog. I know about how quickly
    the colors fade. I was able to get a couple of sunrise/sunset pics but it is ...HURRY!
    God paints beautiful pictures....
    Sorry to hear about the heater.Hope it's something that can be fixed quickly!
    Enjoy the pies...AND the praise!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.