Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WHAT A DAY!

This has been a day and a half!  I got to work today and found that Bob had called out sick again.  Diane was at the dentist and so I was the only Library Assistant there.  To top it off, the only computer in the workroom was not working, so I had to bring everything I had to do to the front desk.  I called to the IT department and they said that they couldn't get to it till tomorrow (maybe).  I told them it was the only computer we had in the workroom, so that moved us up the list a little bit.  I hope it's fixed tomorrow.  I really, really do.

Sheila had the pre-school storytime.  It is the next to last one for the summer.  She is stopping for the summer months when the Summer Reading Program starts on June 10th.  The little kids were so good today.  Wish I could say the same about the kids after school.  They were so bad!

Diane's boyfriend drove her to the dentist and to work so she was able to get there at 11:30.  I didn't expect her until 1:00 so that was a nice surprise.  It was a tough day, though.

I was going to take some pictures at work but that definitely did not work out.  Well, maybe tomorrow I will be more inspired.

To end on a humorous note, my sister sent me an e-mail with funny epitaphs.  I'm pretty sure they are made up, but they made me laugh after the day I've had.

Harry Edsel Smith of Albany, New York:
Born 1903--Died 1942.

 
Looked up the elevator shaft to see if the
car was on the way down. It was.
=============================
In a Thurmont, Maryland , cemetery:

 
Here lies an Atheist, all dressed up
and no place to go.
=============================
On the grave of Ezekial Aikle in
East Dalhousie Cemetery, Nova Scotia:

 
Here lies Ezekial Aikle, Age 102.
Only the good die young.


And my favorite:

In a Ribbesford, England , cemetery:
 
Anna Wallace
The children of Israel wanted bread,
And the Lord sent them manna.
Clark Wallace wanted a wife,
And the Devil sent him Anna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.