Sunday, May 20, 2012

A SATURDAY GARDEN AND JOE'S BIRTHDAY

Today is Joe's birthday and also the day he is installed for his second term as an elder.  We were going down the shore this afternoon despite the fact that it is supposed to rain for the three days we were to be there.  But Joe got sick.  Very sick.  So I had to cancel.  I made it for two weeks from now when four other friends are going.  Hopefully he will be well for that.  Otherwise I am out a lot of money.

I wanted to show you some pictures from my garden yesterday.  Everything except the eggplant is doing good.  I think the eggplant died.

My miniature roses are going like wildfire.

Another iris bloomed.

The tomatoes were so little when I put them in.

They have doubled in size.

The coleus are doing well also.

Look how large the basil is.  The oregano is so little next to it.

The impatiens are really doing well also.

Remember I showed you the little leaf buds on the hydrangea back in April?  Well they aren't little now and you can see the flower buds about ready to open.


Last night our friends Carole and Walt took Joe and I out for dinner for his birthday.  We went to the Cracker Barrel in Mt. Laurel, NJ.




The food is always good at Cracker Barrel.  I had a grilled pork chop and Joe had his favorite Country Fried Steak with white gravy.

P05-19-12_18.39.jpg 

Here's the birthday boy.  Looks good huh?  He was then.

This morning at church we had the installation of our new elders and deacon.  Joe is off his one year probation now and was installed for a full term of 3 years.


Elder Shawn, Elder Joe, Pastor Justin, Deacon Patrick, Elder Rich

Pastor Justin giving Joe the charge for his duties as Elder.



The installation ended with prayer.

We got home, started unloading the junk in the trunk of the car and packing our suitcases.  Joe sat down on the recliner and said, "I don't feel good."  I asked him, "Do you not want to go?"  He said, "No, I just want to go to bed.  I feel sick."  So that is where he is.  Poor Joe.  No one should get sick on their birthday.  

Well, I'm going to get going.  I've got to try to think of something to make Joe for dinner that won't upset his stomach.  Hopefully he will feel better tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear that Joe isn't feeling well,especially on his birthday. hope he feels better soon. It's a shame you had to reschedule the shore. However the Lord works in mysterious ways so perhaps it will be better going later....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the hubby feels better really soon.

    Take care, Viola

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.