Friday, May 11, 2018

GETTING READY FOR JOE'S PARTY


I have been super busy getting ready for tomorrow.  Even though Joe's birthday isn't until May 20, this was the only free weekend for his party.  This afternoon Joe and I picked up the cake at the bakery and took it to the restaurant where we will be having the party.  The cake is beautiful.  I can't wait to take pictures tomorrow and show you all the wonderful things that are planned.

I have been to King George II Inn many times.  But I'm never really sure what happens after I get off of I-95.  We had the GPS on and I thought I was following the directions, but it wasn't clear and the next thing I know I'm heading over the bridge to Burlington, New Jersey.  Uh...  no.  The restaurant is in Bristol, Pennsylvania.  So I had an unplanned trip to New Jersey that lasted about 2 minutes until I turned around and took the bridge back to the correct state.  Whew!

We finally did get to the restaurant and dropped off the decorations and cake.  The people there are so nice!  Everyone has gone out of their way to help me make this a successful event.  I asked if we could see the room, and a nice lady named Lorraine showed it to us.  She explained where the buffet would be set up and where the cake table and gift table would be.  It is a small room with three tables each of which holds 10 people.  Joe is very happy with it.  He says it feels cozy.

I have favors made to take tomorrow.  It took me three days to make them up.  The first day I went to Party City and got the bags and some things to go in them.  But it didn't look like enough. So the next day I went to Rite Aid and got some Hershey kisses.  I took everything apart and added them.  Then yesterday I made up a tag for them and taped it on to the twist tie with washi tape.  The theme colors are white and blue.  All the tablecloths, napkins, dishes, etc. are white so I made little blue bags for each person.  I will show you that too.

Tonight I am putting together a poster to put on the gift table.  I printed out a bunch of pictures of Joe and his twin brother John.  I am putting them together as a collage.  John passed away at age 34 from leukemia.  I wanted to honor him in some way, so decided to do this.  Also, it's fun to see Joe change over the years.

Joe felt like having pizza for dinner so we ordered from Dominos.  It should be here any minute.  I may be too busy to post tomorrow but next week for sure.

Hope you all have a good evening!

Kathy



9 comments:

  1. How exciting, you are so ready and I know it will be a fun birthday party. Cant wait to see all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I can not wait to see your decorations and Joe's pictures. You are one busy lady. Oh how I wish my porch was that sweet. :) Blessings, xoxo, Susie
    p.s please tell Joe Happy Birthday from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! A birthday party!! Can't wait to see all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy lady! This is going to be so special for Joe! Looking forward to seeing all the photos.Happy Birthday,Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The process can be almost as fun as the party! A Happy Birthday Party to Joe and all your guests.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The party sounds wonderful.....and to include his twin in the celebration is totally sweet and so thoughtful of you! Can't wait to see the pictures. Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, this sounds like will be so much fun! I hope the party is a success and Joe has a magnificent day! You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you've been busy. Have a fun time at Joe's bday party. Give him a hug from me. And one for you too! Lots of work but worth it for his 🎂! God bless u both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kathy how wonderful i
    to honorJoe's brother. I am sure he was there too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.