Friday, March 16, 2018

A NIGHT WITH AN OLD FRIEND


Did you see the snow today?  When I went out to pick up Kathy to go to our Crafters meeting it was coming down fast and furious.  I had to turn on the windshield wipers because it was laying on the car so thickly.  And then as I was driving, suddenly it was gone and the sun was out.  Thank goodness it was a short storm.  I have had enough snow for this winter.  And now I hear another storm is coming next Tuesday and Wednesday.  *sigh*

Last night Joe and I went to Haru Sushi and Habachi Restaurant.  We met up with Rich who Joe went to high school with.  What a fun time we had.  I had never met Rich before but we hit it off great.  We sat and talked and ate and talked for about 2 1/2 hours.  All three of us like Japanese food so it was perfect for us.  And best of all my new camera came and I was able to take pictures!  I told Rich I would just take a picture of his beautiful plate and he said, "No, take me too.  You can use it in your blog."  How nice!

Rich got a sushi and sashimi platter.  When it came out I gasped, it was so beautiful.  We were all impressed.



Joe had vegetable yakitori.  He said it was wonderful, the best he ever had.  He said it was even better than what he had when he was stationed in Japan.


And I had what they called Sunshine Rolls.  It was a vegan sushi:  sweet potato and avocado wrapped in rice and nori and topped with a mango slice and a sweet mango sauce.  So good!


This was my view throughout the evening.  I watched the guys behind the hibachi bar making the dishes they were serving.  The lights around the name and under the bar kept changing colors:  red, light blue, green, yellow, purple, dark blue.



Joe and I discovered this place a few weeks ago when I was coming back from a doctor's appointment.  We tried it and were not disappointed.  They are a little pricy, but not so much that we wouldn't go once a month or so.

On the way out there was a basket with what I thought were mints.  Joe picked up a couple and put them in his pocket.  But they weren't mints.  They are some kind of citrus candy.  I haven't eaten mine yet but Joe's is gone.


I am so glad to have a camera again so that I can show you my life.  Also, this new camera has all kinds of special effects that I want to try out.  I can't wait to show you.

Have a good night, everyone!

Kathy








12 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of food! Presented so beautifully. I'm not a fan of Japanese food but can see why it is popular.Glad everyone had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great place to eat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks too good to eat! What fun! Enjoy your weekend...hope the sun warms things up! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a special place to eat and nice to enjoy it with friends. Have a Happy St. Patricks Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a great evening. Your food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food does look delicious, just not for me. I don't eat raw fish. I'm so glad your new camera finally came. Looks like you're already having fun with it. Can't wait to see your "special effects" photos. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you got your camera!! Yay! We have a good Japanese restaurant here in Lakeland too. TONS of food and so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy..
    Looks like a great evening out!
    Congrats on the new camera 📸
    Enjoy St Paddys Day ☘️
    Cheers,
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy food! Glad you all had a good meal with Joe's old friend! Yeah! You have your new camera. Enjoy! We had a little thunderstorm today but not much rain. Temperature dropped quickly too. A few hours later it warmed up again. Our siding installers left becuz of it. I don't blame them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for the camera! I know how anxious I was to get mine, finally.
    Snow just keeps showing up! And now I hear about some nasty stuff for this week. Guess we will see what develops. So ready for some warmer weather!
    Sounds like a nice time with Joe's friend. How nice to discover a new restaurant that you love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it...looks like y'all had a wonderful evening out...happy times and good food with a dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The food looked so amazing, Kathy, and almost like it would be a shame to eat it but I know you were all glad you did. It's nice to treat ourselves out to dinner and we enjoy doing so as well. Glad to hear about the new camera too and hope you have a lot of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.