Thursday, November 2, 2017

FEEDING THE BIRDS


I have not had time to get my end of the month and calendar page together so you will get those in the next few days.  In the meantime I thought I would show you more of my "new" yard.  If you remember, I hung the bird feeder in the tree.


Two days later not one bird had been to it.  Joe suggested moving it next to the side fence.  So we did.  We added some suet and a seed bell also.  Look at the results.




The only problem is the stray cats we have roaming around.  One of them in particular thinks we have given him a bird buffet.  He watches them and then pounces to get a free meal of fresh bird.  So far they have all escaped and I have shooed him off a couple of times.  

I noticed today that there are no birds around the feeder at all and almost no seed is gone.  I might have to move it again.  Hmm.... 

We are heading out to the eye doctor today for Joe's one week checkup.  We think he is doing really well.  Let's see what the doctor thinks.

21 days to Thanksgiving
53 days to Christmas

Kathy

 

17 comments:

  1. Hope the kitties will stay away and let the birds enjoy the buffet. Pray for a good report for Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I love kitties, I don't like it when they prey on my birds--even though I know it is God's natural order of things.

    It usually takes a while for the birds to settle into a long term connection with a new feeder. I can't believe you had that many birds that early on. Crazy---lucky you!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, Blessings to you and Joe, hope all goes well for him. You will find just the right spot for the feeder. Some times when there's a hawk around the birds will stay away. Good luck honey. Bless you, xoxoo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The birds love you “new” backyard, too,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the birds will come back.....and maybe the kitty will find lunch elsewhere ;-) We don't have any feeders but we certainly have a bunch of birds in the woods. If we put out feeders I'm sure we would see more of them.
    Happy November....can you believe we are at month 11 already??!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Doris. Time flies for sure. I hope the birds come back too. We feed the stray cats so they shouldn't be hungry.

      Delete
  6. Can't help with the bird feeder since I have no experience with them. Hope the eye doctor gave Joe and good report! Keep us posted on the feeder dilemma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The doctor gave Joe a wonderful report. All is good, thanks for asking.

      Delete
  7. Your header is gorgeous! Wow! Those birds are incredible. Were they migrating or do they stay in your area year around?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take credit for the header. It is another of my brother's photos. These are sparrows and they don't migrate. We have them all year round.

      Delete
  8. Wow! So many birds! I have it from a cat person that coffee grounds deter cats from the property. Maybe try spreading them around the feeder. Love the sunlit pumpkins! Prayers for Joe having a good report.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard that about coffee grounds. Too bad we don't drink coffee! I think things will settle down after awhile.

      Delete
  9. Too bad the cats are spoiling your enjoyment of seeing the birds at the feeders and hope that relocating them works out better, Kathy. Hope the eye checkup went well for Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it just me or does Christmas come every 45 minutes lately? I love it, but didn’t we JUST do this?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.