Thursday, April 10, 2014

EASTER DECORATIONS AND THE FIRST FLOWERS

I took the day off from work today.  I woke up feeling miserable -- upset stomach and headache.  This morphed into a migraine.  It was my late day at work (11:30 a.m. till 8:00 p.m.).  I thought if I slept some more it would disappear, but no such luck.  So I called out.  The only thing to do when I have a migraine is to sleep it off.  That's exactly what I did.  I slept most of the day and when I woke up at 7 p.m. I was feeling pretty good.  I'm working on Saturday, so I have off tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to feeling better and getting something done!

I thought I would show you some more of my Easter decorating tonight.  I haven't done anything but sleep, so this is the best I can do.

Here is a stuffed bunny that Joe gave to me a few years ago.  She is on a little white table that my great-grandfather made.  It sits right inside the front door next to the sofa.

Speaking of the front door, here's what is on it to greet you.

And here is what is on the back door in the kitchen.

I love Easter and all the sweet spring decorations.

I went into the yard and found my first flower blooming.  A daffodil!

There are lots of buds, but this is the first bloom.  I'm sure the garden will be full of color soon.

I also bought some pansies.  I have to plant them soon!


I love this picture of Joe and Jenny.  Jenny and Snowy are still not getting along.  It is not easy living in this house with them fighting all the time.  It is getting a little better though.  Hopefully in time they will tolerate each other.



I think I am going to quit for now and go back to sleep.  I'm really tired.  Take care everyone.

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. oh I love the bunny on the swing, you o Eater ecorating up really fine, love it! Sweet shot of the cat and hubby, sleep well,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, Hope you feel better soon. You have a flower !! That is good. I love you Easter decorations. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. I sure hope you feel better soon. Can't believe you have a flower already- lucky you! Get some sleep- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my hyacinths are up! It's purple & I LOVE the fragrance.My hubby buys me one every
    year for the house. Have no idea what I'll do when I run out of yard to replant.....Purchased some coleus yesterday but need 1 more. One is a yellowish variety,"Freckles" the other;s leaves are shaped like maple leaf. The deal is I pick out the plants & Russ does the actual planting.
    Sorry to hear you don't feel well. Any headache is a bummer let alone a migraine.
    Feel better soon. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.