Friday, March 2, 2012

TEA



Here's this month's picture from my kitchen calendar.  Last month it was chocolate (see the Feb 1 post) and this month it is tea!  A cozy warm cup of tea sounds really good right now.  I hate coffee, but I love tea.  I'm a real connoisseur.  My problem though is I like only black tea.  I know green tea is so good for you, but I just don't like the taste of  it.  Well, I take that back a little bit.  Last Christmas my brother, Larry, and his wife, Kim, gave me a set of flavored green tea...strawberry, orange, raspberry, lemon.  I actually like them.

Mint tea?  Ugh, no!  Herbal tea?  No, no, a thousand times no.  Berry tea?  Not on your life.

My favorites?  Constant Comment and Lady Grey.  I could live on them.  For Christmas Joe bought me a Keurig.  I have been drinking the English Breakfast Tea and the Earl Grey Tea.  Love, love, love them.  Fortunately it also makes just plain old hot water and I can use my teabags with it.  And too, I love just plain regular old tea like Lipton or Tetley.  (But not the cheap tea bags.  They put sawdust in them and it tastes like it too.)

The other oddity about me is I drink only decaffeinated.  A while back I started having an irregular heartbeat and my doctor told me to stay away from caffeine.  I have ever since.  Once in a great while I will have regular tea, but as a rule it is all decaf.  I can tell the difference in the way I feel afterwards.

That's my tea story for today.  Tea party anyone?


2 comments:

  1. I also love the black teas,
    especially Earl Grey & English
    Breakfast.I will be drinking a lot I guess as I now have the cold that's been going around.I need to feel at least a tad better as I have a SPCA adopt event at Petco tomorrow.I will not let the animals down!
    I LOVE the teacup pictured at the end!I know that's the 'proper'
    way to have tea,forgive me but I need a mug.I am going to drown this cold! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute calendar. I love calendars that inspire me, like yours.

    Oh, I enjoy Green tea.

    Are you still taking morning pictures?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.