Saturday, October 26, 2024

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER ME?

 Hello, friends!  Are any of you still interested in reading my blog?  I had no idea it was so long since I last wrote in here.  Keeping up with things is hard for me right now.  I haven't even been post any videos on YouTube.  Life is busy every single day and even though I make lists of things to do, I can't accomplish everything.  Ah, well we all move on.

So today I thought I would post some pictures and tell you about them.  Maybe that will help me to catch up a bit.  Here are all the pictures that I took in August.  Yes, August.  I am that far behind.

We got to meet our next door neighbor, Ray, when he accidentally put a sheet of dry wall through the window separating our porches.  He is renovating his house.  A really nice guy.  I told him there were easier ways of meeting us and he laughed.   Here is a shadowy Joe looking at the damage.  We put a piece of cardboard on our side of the broken glass so that no one would get hurt before Ray was able to put a new piece of glass in.

You all know how I love to decorate.  But decorating was a bit out of the question just moving in.  So the only summer decor I had was these couple of seashells that I put on the table by the TV.

 

We set up a small table we had by the stairway and I put some of my cat figurines on it.

 

Beside that table we put a table with a light.  It is very dark in this house.  Fortunately we had a lamp table and set it up next to the table with the cats.  I put my plants on it (and the internet).  The plants look terrible here, but they have revived wonderfully.  Except for the basil which I had to throw out.  It looks different now because we put our charging station on it.

 

George has adapted to the new house very well.  He now owns it.  I think because he was just a year old that he was able to do so well.  One of his favorite things is to sleep on the stairway.  Sort of inconvenient when we want to use it though.

 






I'll show you some more pictures later.

We have been running back and forth to doctors and hospitals.  Joe was in the ER last week because he hurt his elbow moving boxes, etc.  He has to take it easy for at least 6 weeks.

The holidays are coming quickly although it doesn't feel like it with the warm weather we have been having.  But time marches on.

And now I am going to march on too and start my day.  See you all soon.

Kathy

9 comments:

  1. Thanks…was worried. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, it's nice to hear from you! Time does get away, flies by. George is a beauty, but on the stairs George? :). (Our cats try their best to trip me, it's their favorite)(so be careful on those stairs!). Della

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I ALWAYS read your posts. Have for years. I also keep you and Joe in prayer regularly.
    I love George! Typical cat to lay on the steps “in the road”. I cannot tell you how many times we have stepped around….or God forbid ON…..a cat laying upon the stairs. And then we apologize! Never mind that it was the cat’s idea in the first place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy! I remember you and have been wondering how all your unpacking and settling in is going. God bless you and Joe. I hope you get to like your new home. Have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course we remember you! And missed you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been missed, Kathy, and that is understandable when you've had to cope with such a big move. Cats sleep in the darndest places, don't they? George is a beautiful cat, for sure! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been missed!! I always enjoy reading your blog and you have inspired me many times. So glad you are back!
    Praying for you and Joe
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! It's so good to have you posting again! I'm sorry things have been so busy, and Joe was in the ER? Oh my, I pray things slow down a little for you. George looks so cute on those stairs. I bet he thinks you got them just for him. :) Take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.