Wednesday, August 28, 2024

RETURNING TO BLOGGING?


 

Hello, friends.  I know it has been a while since I was on here.  The reason is that Joe and I moved.  We have been looking at houses for three and a half years and finally decided to just sell our house and see what opened up.  We almost didn't have any place to move.  We were down to the last few weeks and had nowhere to go.  We were looking in Philadelphia as well as several other cities and states.  I really thought we would be in either Lancaster County or down the shore in New Jersey.  Those were the major places we were looking.  But something opened up unexpectedly in Philly and so here we are.

This time was one of the worst of my life.  I cried almost every day.  The depression from losing my friend Debbie, my cat Jack, and the home I had been living in for 44 years was too much for me.  Plus trying to pack up a big three storey house was horrible.  Even after I moved I cried every day for a couple of weeks.  Blogging was the last thing on my mind.

We have been in the new house for six weeks now.  It is still a mess, full of cartons and bags to unpack.  My health has not been good so I can do only a bit at a time.  But when I look back on what it looked like six weeks ago, I see a huge difference.  The first two weeks we were here we ate out every meal because I could not find pots and pans, utensils, dishes or even food.  It is better now.  I still can't find a lot of things, but I have enough that I make breakfast and dinner almost every day.  We don't have our kitchen set up yet, and we eat in the living room off of TV trays, but at least it is better.

Once things get better, I will take pictures and show you.  But I have missed all of you.  I hope to get back to blogging now with fall coming up.  Thank you to those of you who have contacted me to see if I was OK.  You know who you are, and I appreciate you so much.

Here it is almost September and my favorite month of the year.  I'm looking forward to the first when I have my annual barbequed spare ribs dinner.  Then there is Labor Day.  And our anniversary.  And the beginning of Fall.  I will miss having a tree in my back yard to watch turn colors.  Come to think of it, there really aren't any trees around here.  I will have to go looking for my fall color.

Joe is going to a Phillies game today with his friends from his Veterans group.  My friend Donna and I are going to go to Goodwill to drop off things.  Then we are going to go to Royal Farms, get some chicken and have dinner together.  We have been going to Goodwill a lot.  When I moved I didn't have a lot of time to pack up, so I just packed everything.  Yes, trash, clothes that didn't fit me, stuff I didn't want...  So Goodwill is getting regular visits from me.  Donna is cleaning out her house, so she is happy to go along and get rid of some of her stuff too.

I am watching "Chopped" as I write this and the theme is cheese.  Now I feel like eating cheese!  I am so easily influenced.  *sigh*  I can't eat cheese because I have a milk allergy.  And I love it so much.

But I have to run now and get my Goodwill bag together.  So I will talk to you all soon.  Have a great day!

Kathy






9 comments:

  1. Moving is a traumatic event for anyone, but especially when we're older and leaving the one place we've been familiar with for decades. Wishing you the very best in your new home! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to hear where you've moved and what type of house you found. I know you will get it just the way you want soon. Just take your time my friend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to see you today!! Moving is hard- hope you share your new home with us. Take your time and trust in God's goodness to help you through the hard parts.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see you are posting again, I couldn't think of moving at this stage of my life, it's such a huge headache. Be well and look forward to seeing your new home !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you the best Kathy. I went through the moving thing myself 3 years ago...still have stuff in boxes. I have lost my world somewhere. When Ted passed it all flipped for me. I do not seem to care about being so very well organized like I always had been. Give all you do not need or want away. Holding on is no good. Maybe your give aways will help someone . Blessings, and don't cry honey. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy. It is really good to see you back in blogland, although I have been keeping up with your moving adventure on Facebook and Youtube. Moving is a huge job. I am glad to hear that you are making progress in unpacking and donating things. We moved here to this place over a year ago and we still have a lot of boxes in our garage. I hope that you get feeling better both physically and emotionally, and that you come to love your new home. From what you showed on your Youtube channel, your new house looks really nice. I hope we will see you again soon in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so thankful you are ok. How far did you move? Do you still work at your church? Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you were able to find a place to live together in a better place. Interesting there wasn't an elevator to the 3rd level where you live. I kept forgetting to ask you or Joe what your new address is via FB. I hope you feel better and find things that you need. I usually put words on boxes when moving somewhere else. That way we know where things are at. This weekend is supposed to hot and thankfully I will be indoors most days except for Friday while being at the state fair for about 6 years, 4 for being a volunteer. It is good to read you post since you moved, God bless and take care of yourself. Sorry for the loss of your dear friend and cat. I miss my dear friend as well that died last year from cancer. But good memories and I will know where we will meet again!! Hugs!---Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m so glad to see you back I’ve checked your blog every.day!Ive followed you since you worked at the library Sandra from Canada

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.