Saturday, June 29, 2024

HOW DID THE MONTH GO SO QUICKLY?


 

Hello, friends!  Happy Saturday.  The weekend is here, although it isn't the same as when I was working full time.

Things are just so busy around here.  And I am so tired all the time.  I have been sleeping a lot.  I realize I am certainly not the same person I was when I bought this house 44 years ago.  At that time I could run up to the third floor and down to the basement with no problem.  Now I have trouble walking around one floor.

To make life easier we have been cleaning out the house.  Our friend John has been helping us.  We worked in the basement this week and threw out six huge bags of trash.  We had no idea there was so much down there.  And we had no idea that a lot of it was destroyed by mold and water.  I lost a lot of things that I would rather have kept.  Expensive things too.  Joe was surprised at how many tools he had.  He had missed them and then just bought new.  Oh my!  What happened?  How did we get so old?  There is a lot more to go, but we have made a huge dent in it.

I am so tired that I haven't been cooking a lot.  Yesterday I got out some ground beef, but was so tired that I slept from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.  Joe called out for dinner so that I didn't have to cook.  But I didn't want the meat to go bad, so I put together a meat loaf and put it in the refrigerator for tonight.  You don't know what a relief it is to know that when dinner time comes, all I have to do is pop it into the oven.  It is even in the pan to put into the oven.  All I have to do is put a frozen veggie in the microwave and cut up some fresh strawberries for dessert.

I think a lot of my tiredness comes from my heart.  I haven't seen my cardiologist in awhile.  I really don't like him that much.  It is his way without listening to anything I am saying.  So I am looking for a new cardiologist.  He can't be the only one in Philadelphia.  This has to be a priority for me.

It has been very hot here.  It was cooler yesterday and is supposed to be today also, but lots of rain.  Rain has not been our friend lately.  It has found a way into our kitchen through the roof.  *sigh*  Looks as if we need to get that patched.

Guess I had better end and start the day.  I love early mornings best of all the day.  It's quiet, I'm alone and I can more or less do what I want.  Great time to pray and read my Bible too.

See you all later.

Kathy







3 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. I read the Bible in the early morning when I first get up too. It's a great way to start the day. I hope you find a good cardiologist. Philadelphia has many fine and well regarded hospitals and medical schools so there should be some good ones. I am glad that you are getting your basement cleaned out. Sounds like a big job and it's good that you getting some help. I know we have things in our basement and garage that I will need to get rid of before we move. I hope you and Joe have a good weekend. It's always good to hear about what you are up to. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope you get to feeling better, Kathy. Yes, find a cardiologist who will listen to you and take you seriously. Danny's had the same one for 25 years, and he is wonderful. There are great doctors out there, but it does take an effort to find them.
    Relax this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been decluttering throughout the week. A bit of the garage lately. I hope you find a cardiologist Dr soon who understands what you want and knowledgeable. I've had asthma problems with not sleeping too much one night. Better last night with 2 essential oils that are to use in life. We got rain Thursday morning. I hope you feel better soon praying 🙏 for you and Joe. ❤️, Becky

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.