Friday, April 26, 2024

THE ECLIPSE

Hello, friends.  It's been awhile now, but did any of you get to see the eclipse on April 8?  It was only 90% here in Philly, but alas the clouds rolled in as it started and disappeared as it was ending so we didn't get to see anything.  It did get darker though.  Sort of like dusk.  But not dark as it did in places where there was a total eclipse.  And the temperature did drop.

I did watch it on TV though.  I recorded it on all three of the major TV stations, but found that ABC was the best.  They had reporters in several cities and I followed it all across America.  It totally fascinated me.  And I did take pictures of the eclipse as if traveled from Mexico to Canada from the TV.  It was amazing how it changed even though it was the same thing.  Here are some of the photos I took.













 Some were light and some were dark.  Some had a large corona and some had a small one.  The coronas are different colors from green to light blue to dark blue and even gray.  The first one in Mexico I got what they call a diamond ring.  So fascinating.

When I was in college, I took an astronomy class and got 100 on every test I took.  I have always been fascinated by space.  The thought of billions of stars and planets (even billions of galaxies) just speaks to me of the awesomeness of Almighty God.

Life is very busy these days.  Went to my GI doctor yesterday and he is going to wait a few months before doing another surgery on my esophagus.  It has to calm down first.  Eating is difficut these days.

But life is still good.  And on that note, I will talk to you later.

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. It got very dusky dark here and I enjoyed the photos on tv too. I hope you are feeling better my friend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. We saw an almost total eclipse last fall in Southern Utah. It was pretty cool! I have also been fascinated by space all my life. Sorry you are having more health problems and have to have more surgery. I hope you are feeling better soon. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't see much of the eclipse here in northern Georgia, but we saw the images on the news just as you did. Thanks for sharing the photos with us, reminding us of God's amazing universe!
    Thanks for your visit today, Kathy!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kathy, here I am for a "return visit" :-)

    Like you, I have been fascinated by all things space from an early age, although my focus has shifted a little towards human space travel. On my blog, you will find posts about Dr. Alexander Gerst, my "favourite" German astronaut, for instance.

    The eclipse across the US was of course not visible here in Germany, but featured on our news, too. Many years ago, I witnessed a total eclipe. It was during a normal work day, and my colleagues and I were allowed to go outside and watch. It was as fascinating as it was eerie: There we stood with our special glasses, in the middle of the day, in the middle of a busy industrial estate, and all of a sudden the light turned to grey (it didn't as dark as at night), the temperature dropped considerably... and all went quiet. So quiet, you didn't hear a sound. No birds, not one. That, I think, was the eeriest bit for me.

    Sorry to hear you've not been well. I hope you'll soon be able to eat again without difficulties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The clouds were over the sun at the beginning of the eclipse but moved away before it was at the peak....was so thankful to get to see it! Was about 90% covered here too. Ellen is taking a virtual astronomy class through the organization she goes to two days a week. She goes out each night to see the stars, she is learning so much!
    Still praying for you! ♥️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.