Friday, August 11, 2023

SISTERS VACATION TO LANCASTER COUNTY DAY TWO

 


 

Hello, friends!  I'm back to tell you about my second day in Lancaster County last month.  Beware, there are a lot of pictures to show you.  By the way, I put up Day One on my YouTube channel today.  Day Two will go up on Tuesday.  Then the things I bought will be on next Friday.  Hope you go to see them.  In the meantime, let me show you some of the pictures I have.

Our room was at the very end of a long hallway.  Let me tell you, that was agony on my sore knees.  But I made it.  This picture was taken from in front of the elevator.


There were some beautiful bushes right by the front door.  And a little garden which we could see from the window in our room.



The room comes with breakfast.  There is a little eating area on the first floor.  When we got on the elevator to go down, there was another couple there.  They had been on the floor above us.  We said good morning and then got off to go eat.  I grabbed a table (there aren't very many and they were filling up) while Elaine went to get her breakfast.  This couple was looking around for a place to sit, so I invited them to sit with us.  Their names were Sue and Paul.  They were from New Jersey, but Sue was originally from right outside of Philadelphia.  They were so fun and we had a great time talking together.  I love meeting new people.

We went back to the room and got our things together to check out.  It was a short trip, but so relaxing.  We wanted to head to the Bird-in-Hand area, so that's what we did.

The first place we went was to get some money from the ATM on Route 896.  We had a hard time finding it.  It used to be a PNC bank (where I bank), but now it is one I have never heard of.  But I got the money.  I needed cash.  We passed the Sight and Sound Theater while we were looking for it.




Then we headed for Kitchen Kettle.  I took lots of pictures along the way, but because we were moving, lots of them were blurry.  We started with the plant place.  It is all new and the owner was so friendly.  I bought basil and English thyme.  I planted them in the yard the other day.  They were in bad shape.  The basil came back and is doing great, but the thyme didn't make it.  Oh well.  I use more basil than thyme anyway.

I sat down by a fountain and Elaine went to the Jam and Jelly Kitchen.  She got some really yummy things.

When we left Kitchen Kettle, we took a wrong turn and were heading away from the Farmers Market.  Elaine made a turn into a road, and we were in the most beautiful little community.  Most of the houses were Amish, but we did see some with electricity, so they were either Mennonite or English.  I was snapping pictures right and left.  A lot of them did not turn out because we were moving, but many did.  We were finally able to turn around and head back to where we wanted to be.












We finally made it to the Farmers Market.  I got some chocolate covered pretzels, a loaf of raisin bread, a bottle of Shank's vanilla bean extract, some lebanon bologna, 6 ears of white corn and 3 tomatoes.  The produce was so good.

Then we went next door to the Bird-in-Hand Restaurant for Elaine's birthday dinner.  


Bird-in-Hand and Dienner's are our favorite places to eat in Lancaster County.  I had meat loaf, sweet potato fries (which were wonderful!) and corn.  Elaine had the smorgasbord.  I couldn't eat it all and took my fries home to Joe.  He loved them too.  Elaine also got a piece of cake for her birthday.





We discovered about a week after our vacation that we hadn't taken any pictures of ourselves or of each other.  Wow!  This is the only picture I got of Elaine and it was her birthday!

These beautiful geraniums were right outside of the restaurant.  They were so bright!



And then it was time to head home.  I always hate to leave.  Maybe someday I can live out there.  I hope.





Thanks for being so patient waiting for the end of the story.  I hope you enjoyed coming along with me.  And I will see you all soon.


Kathy






5 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. That food all looks delicious. Lancaster County looks like a fun place to spend some time. I have driven through the area, but didn't really stay long. I hope that you and Joe have a good weekend and that you can move somewhere you would rather be. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is one looong hallway! Seems to go on forever. The scenery photos are always so peaceful & pretty. Elaine's cake looks so good. Glad to hear you both had a great time. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun times with your sister! Lancaster looks a lot like Holmes county here in Ohio with all the Amish farms and stores and restaurants. I'm glad you had a nice outing and Happy Birthday to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My relationship has been restored,


    My Ex-boyfriend is back after he broke up with me.


    I am the happiest lady on earth,


    Never too late to fix your broken heart.


    You can still get your lover back...


    Fix broken relationship/marriage...


    Thanks R.buckler11@gmail.com,,,,,,,,

    Rita Bowen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading about your second day! Your two favorite places to eat I have only been there once each. Hmm, I should do better!! So glad you had a good time in my county and it would be WONFDERFUL to have you live here. Come be my neighbor ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.