Monday, July 4, 2022

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY


 

Hello, friends!  Happy Independence Day.  I hope you all had a wonderful day.  I got up sort of late (for me) this morning.  I didn't have much for breakfast because I knew Joe, our friend Carole, and I were going out for lunch.

I thought we were going to go to Cracker Barrel, but instead we ended up at one of our favorite places, the Country Club Diner.  We haven't been there in a long time.

I wanted a burger, but beef has not been my friend lately.  I saw they had a turkey burger and ordered that.


I didn't expect much because I have had turkey burgers in the past that weren't all that good.  This one was wonderful.  So good.  I finished the entire thing and ate half of the fries before my stomach said, "No more!"

Carole had a Spanish omelet and grits.  Because she was sitting across from me and there were lots of glasses in the way, I wasn't able to get a picture of it.

Joe ordered his favorite, a whitefish platter with two bagels.


Both Carole and Joe said their meals were wonderful too.

We came home and Joe mentioned that he had lost some money and the receipt from Lowes that it was wrapped in.  We thought that it might be on the table by the front door where everything gets dumped.  So I took everything off of it, and started sorting things out.  So much was on that table!  I got a shopping bag of recycling off of it.  I think everyone has a place like that.  You put things down just for a minute and they never get moved.  We didn't find the receipt or money, but the table looks so much better!  It's one of those jobs that I kept putting off for another day and I feel so good that it's actually done.

After all of that, I took a nap.  But when I woke up, it was heading for 7:00 p.m.  The whole day was gone.  We were ready to eat something, but not a lot.  So I just made us hot dogs for dinner.


Please excuse the mess.  The counter in back of me needs cleaning off too!  Maybe tomorrow.  I'm on a roll!

We bought cupcakes at the diner and had them for dessert.  Joe got a chocolate cupcake with a baseball on top.  I got a yellow cupcake with a flag and red, white and blue sprinkles.


I had planned on a strawberry and blueberry dessert, but that will be for tomorrow.

About 9:00 p.m. I went outside and stood on my doorstep and watched the fireworks.  They were amazing this year.  I tried to film them, but missed a lot of the best ones.  Here is one little snippet though.


On Saturday I got my hair cut for the summer.  I like it so much!  My hairdresser, Lisa, is a gem.  I wouldn't go to anyone else.

Here I am before:


And here I am after.


I also made a couple of patriotic signs from the craft kit that gets mailed to me each month.  They turned out so good.  I didn't have wall space to put them, so I have them on the stairway.  Actually, they look quite nice there.


And now I have to go study my lesson for tomorrow and get to bed so I can get up in the morning to teach the Bible Study.  Let me know how you celebrated your holiday.  Hope it was wonderful.  See you all soon.


Kathy








6 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy! So glad you had a nice Independence Day. That diner sounds really good. I love your new summer haircut. I hope your week goes well. It is always good to hear from you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We stayed home today but Phil added another part to dryer which now runs quietly. We watched the Capitol 4th on PBS at 9:40...a bit late but it was so good to watch. Lots of fireworks here 🎆 🤔 still going off. I think I'll wear my ear plugs tonight. Nice hair cut. I'm going to get mine trimmed Aug. We ate dinner on Saturday at rodeo before the rodeo. I'll be sharing more on my next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly do know where to eat! I agree that your crafts look really good on the stairs. Love your haircut!! Looks so good on you & cool for the summer. Those cupcakes are adorable! See you at study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, Okay, I'm ready to grab one of those cupcakes. ha! It sounds like you had a wonderful July 4th and you are so lucky to be able to view the fireworks from your home. You don't have to fight the traffic:) Your haircut looks very nice and just the right length for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks so cute. I need a trim too. Love those cupcakes and your craft project. We watched a golf cart parade and I blogged about it of course! heehee! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that you were able to celebrate and enjoy a meal out, Kathy. Your new haircut looks really nice and it is wonderful to have a hair stylist you like. The cupcakes looked delicious too😋

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.