Friday, May 14, 2021



Hello, friends!  I so want to be where this kitten is... in bed.  But I thought I would do a quick update on how things are going around here before I turn in for the night.

My procedure went much better (and easier) than I ever imagined it would.  The only bad part was the anesthesia doctor who just couldn't find a vein and stuck me three times.  When I was getting dressed to go home, the original spot that he stuck was bleeding and the bandage he put on it was soaked.  Uh... yeah.  He wouldn't listen to anything I said.  But the girl who actually gave me the anesthesia was so nice.  Everyone in the O.R. was.  And the best part is the doctor called me today and there is no cancer.  Yay!

There was an IV pole at the bottom of the bed I was in.  A note was hanging on it that said, "Pleas do not remove from this department."  It really bugged me that Pleas should have been Please.  So when the nurses were getting me ready to leave I told them that I used to be an editor and showed them the mistake.  They started laughing and said the note had been on the IV pole for months and I was the first person that noticed it.  They were going to go make another corrected sign for it.  Yes, I'm OCD even coming out of anesthesia.

I spent most of the afternoon asleep in bed.  My throat was a bit sore so don't know what that was about.  I am still a little bit out of it today.  I hope that goes away soon.  So much I want to do and no energy to do anything.

Remember the branch that fell off of my neighbor's tree into my yard?

Yesterday the arborist came.  They set up their equipment in the middle of the street.  I thought, "This is going to sit well with the neighbors."  Five guys came in and looked at the branch.  About five minutes later they were taking the branch away, along with another one that was hanging over my yard that they thought might come down next, and were grinding up the branch in their wood chopping truck.

The yard looks great now even though I didn't take any pictures of the finished job.  Now I have to spend some time weeding, pruning, planting and in general sprucing up the place.  I did enjoy sitting on my bench in the sunshine listening to the bird song for awhile before they came.  I think I have to do some more of that.

But now I really have to go to sleep.  I am beat.  Thanks for hanging in there with me and for all the sweet messages you sent to me.  It means so much.

Until later...



  1. I think it is happy dance time for you since the doctor says there is no cancer. What good news.

  2. I'm glad you have no cancer. PTL!! Having some time of procedures in hospital can make one feel tired for a few days. Heal and sleep well. No fun when someone can't get into your veins. Ouch. Been there. Done that. God bless.

  3. Yay! No cancer! God is so good. The 'pleas' gave me a chuckle. I love listening to birdsong! Especially early in the morning....Rest & feel better soon.

  4. Praise God! No cancer!
    And now that it is warmer out, you can enjoy your yard and working in it.

  5. So glad the procedure is over and there is no cancer. Also glad they got those trees moved so that when you feel better, you can work in the yard.

  6. Best news ever! Glad that there was obviously no brain fog coming out of anesthesia. It is too bad that the doc didn't listen to you. Who knows your body better than you? Have a happy and relaxing weekend.

  7. I'm so glad everything went well...most everything! And I hope you have a restful weekend. Take care of yourself and go easy this coming week. Sweet hugs!

  8. Hi Kathy! So glad to hear that you have good news from the doctor! That is nice that you got the limb removed from your yard. Now you can enjoy the weekend. I need to do some yard work and planting today. Yesterday I bought a lot of flowers they were selling from the greenhouse at the school where I teach. Last night, I saw that you posted a youtube so I will watch that today. Have a great Saturday and I will see you again soon!

  9. Hi Kathy, this is great news!!. So happy for you.. Your throat may be sore because they may have had a breathing tube down your throat when they did the surgery.. May be sore for a few days...Rest well

  10. So happy you got good news from the doctor. No, you probably weren't the first person to "notice" the misspelling... but you were the first person who even gave a hoot about it. *ha-ha* I must admit I wouldn't have said a word. Yes, anesthesia doesn't leave the body the instant the infusion of it stops. It takes awhile to work itself out of your body. Rest until you feel energetic once again. Pleas! :-D ~Andrea xoxo

  11. So glad everything was clear and they didn't find any cancer. I'm sure you're relieved. I'm like you, I spot spelling errors everywhere and it drives me absolutely bonkers.

  12. I'm so glad to hear your good news. Awesome! And yup, I get like that when I see misspelling too. Get lots of rest and get back to feeling good. Hugs, Edna B.


Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.