Wednesday, May 5, 2021

EASTER

 


Hello, friends!  Looking back I realized I never told you about Easter.  So let me catch you up on that.

It was a really lovely day.  We began with a breakfast at church.  Everyone brought something.  We brought a fruit bowl which was very popular.  But there was so much food.





There was plenty of food for everyone.  As you can tell it was a continental type breakfast.  Croissants, muffins, doughnuts, cinnamon buns, cheese and crackers.  Joe and I also brought an Easter pound cake that we got from Haegle's Bakery.


The people there sure enjoyed themselves.



Recognize these two?




My family usually gets together for Easter dinner, but this year we were all off in different directions.  Joe and I stayed home.  I made a pork loin roast, Brussels sprouts and mashed potatoes.


I used our cute little bunny plates that I got last year.



For dessert I had bought a couple of chicken high hats.  They are a cupcake, topped with whipped cream, and frosted to look like little chicks.





So good, but you couldn't eat more than one of these.  They are very rich.

Joe gave me a little treat too.  You know I love my Peeps.  There was a chocolate peanut butter egg too.


It was such a nice day.  And I'm glad I was able to save my pictures from it.  More catching up coming.

Until later...

Kathy


12 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy! I am glad you are back in blog land! Your Easter sounds like a really good one - with lots of really good food. I also enjoyed your sloppy joe recipe on Youtube. Glad you are working out your computer issues. Hope the rest of the week is a good one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a treat seeing the church breakfast. It was
    certainly special. Good pictures of you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures and the breakfast at church looks delicious.
    What cute chicks for Easter dessert! Glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little chicks dessert is so cute...never seen those before! And I love your bunny plates. Hope your week is good my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure had a good Easter and thank you for sharing your pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun Easter! I love those little bunny plates! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a perfect day! Those chick cupcakes are adorable and look so yummy! I'm glad you had a nice Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun looking cupcakes! I wouldn't mind trying to work my way through one of them. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a fun/good Easter. Love the bunny plates and that dessert looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you had goodies at church on Easter. We did too but they were from stores as nothing was made at home. But I found a delicious cookie! The church had many people there with 3 services. Finally the gate was opened for the parking lot so more people could park there. We had to park on the side of the road by church as too many people coming for 2nd service and bible class at the same time. The parking lot is now open each Sunday. Megan and I are enjoying a good small chocolate dipped cake with strawberries on top that Phil got me on Friday after work, per hint from me. He'll eat some later or tomorrow. It will taste better now than a day later. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy,
    Soo good to see y'all smiling and out and about, even with distancing---you seem to be having a really good time. We still get out our version of "the bunny plates," and decorate a little for all occasions. Little remembrances of other years, other days, happier times for the world.

    I love dropping in you and Joe---you're still like teenagers in love, with a wonderful adult foundation under your feet. Great combination. Stay well and warm! r

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great Easter you had! I did recognize those two you featured 😊 And those cupcakes....how adorable!! Have no idea how one would be able to accomplish that.
    Hope you have a good day, Kathy. Praying you you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.