Sunday, March 26, 2017


Even though here and there I still see snow, it's nice to know that Spring is finally here.  Most of our temperatures have been in the 40s and 50s but yesterday it got up in the 70s.  Nice!  Today it is colder again.  Ah, well.  It won't be but a few weeks until all is green and blooming.  Then my allergies start!

I can't believe it's been a week since I posted.  Every day I was going to do it but life got in the way.  I humbly apologize for not even reading any of your blogs.  That is something I am going to do this afternoon.  I do want to know what is going on with my friends!

On Monday I tried another new recipe.  This was supposed to be a quick and easy swiss chard leaves stuffed with ground turkey, rice and veggies.  You put the mixture on the leaves and roll them up as you would for stuffed cabbage.  Then there was a chicken broth sauce to put on top and they were baked.  Quick?  NO.  Easy?  NO WAY.  It took me over three hours to make.  I was almost an hour just chopping up all these veggies -- carrots, celery, onions, mushrooms.  Give me a break.  Then I had to blanch the swiss chard, cook the veggies, cook the rice and make the broth before I could even begin to put it together and put it into the oven to cook for 20 minutes.  To make matters worse, I hated it.  Joe said it was OK but I couldn't stand the taste.  Guess what I am not making again.  But if you don't try new things, you don't know.  I'll have to see what ShopRite's menu of the week is this week.

Tuesday's Bible study had two new ladies from church show up.  We did the first eight verses of Colossians and it was really good.  Everyone got involved which is how I like it.  I understand that some people are shy and don't talk.  I used to be that way.  But even if you don't say anything, it's good to be there and take in other people's ideas.

Tuesday afternoon Joe had his first visit to Physical Therapy to get the use of his hand back from that terrible fall he had.  It went really well and I like his two therapists Matt and Monica.  They are great and both specialists with just the hand.

Wednesday we were supposed to get our new dishwasher delivered.  I have been cleaning this mess of a house like crazy.  It is still a mess, but so much better than it was.  Home Depot never called and they never showed up.  I finally called them and they said they called here and we hung up on them.  Uh... no!  So they rescheduled for Saturday morning.  OK.  At least my house is getting cleaned.

Thursday morning we headed to the VA Hospital's Sleep Clinic.  Joe needed an adjustment to his CPAP.  Most of the time I sit in the waiting room and read.  Then he comes back and tells me everything is fine.  This time it was a woman therapist and she insisted I come back to the office with him.  She said if there is a man and his wife or significant other is there, she does not go to the office alone with him.  Good thinking.  She said the wife is the one who gets them to do the right thing with their equipment anyway.  Her name is Sue and she was wonderful.  He has a new schedule, new mask and we go back in a month to see how he is doing.

From there we got something to eat and headed to Physical Therapy again.  The therapists always bring me along to sit with Joe as he goes through things.  So there I am at a table with him watching him going through everything.  At the end Matt gave his finger and hand a massage that broke up a big knot in a muscle and even though it hurt at the time Joe now has a little more movement in the finger.

Friday morning Joe and Pastor Ralph headed off for a two day Pastors/Elders conference at Pinebrook which is our denomination's conference center.  So for only the second time since we've been married I was left alone.  It was a strange feeling.  But I lived alone for 27 years before I got married so I kept telling myself it was just like that.  Sheesh I've become such a baby.

Late morning I had a doctor's appointment.  Yes, for me for a change.  I knew by the way I was feeling I needed the dosage of one of my medications changed.  And I was right.  Taking less of anything because my body is starting to work again is good to me.

When I left there I picked up my friend, Donna, and we went to East Coast Wings for lunch.  We both love it there.  I got wings with honey garlic sauce and chips.  Donna got a Cowboy burger and fries.  We were both starving so we also got pub pretzels as an appetizer.  They are so good!  Soft pretzel sticks (more like bread sticks actually) covered in melted butter with a pepper jack cheese sauce.  Oh my!  That could be my whole meal.  I was so full that I didn't even eat dinner that night.  I just munched on a few snacks so I could take my medicine.  But I could have done without the snacks if I didn't have to have food in my stomach for the meds.

So that brings us to yesterday when the dishwasher was supposed to be delivered.  As with all week I was furiously cleaning the very messy house.  I wasn't finished, but finished enough that they could get the dishwasher in.  I got a call from a guy saying he would be here in 30 minutes.  OK.  A quick go through the house moving things to the side to make sure everything was great to get through.

Sure enough, these two young men came with the dishwasher.  They went out to the kitchen and said, "Uh oh.  You have a wooden kickplate under the appliance.  We can't take that off because it will ruin your cabinets.  We can't install your dishwasher.  We can leave it here in the middle of the room, but you will have to have someone install it.  We'll refund your money though."  What?!  I told them there was no way I was able to take that kickplate off by myself.  So they told me to get a friend or a handyman to do it.  Uh huh.  I told them to take the dishwasher back with them.  So they gave me a number to call to reschedule when I was ready to have it installed or to cancel the whole thing.  They will hold the dishwasher for 30 days.  What to do?

When Joe called me at lunch time from the conference I told him what was going on.  We decided I should call our regular plumber to see if he could help.  So that's what I did.  I told the lady who answered what the problem was.  She told me that they do free estimates and they could come on Wednesday to see what was going on and if they could help me.  But it's almost certain they can.  So that's where it stands.  The dishes are piling up because with my bad back I can wash only a few at a time.  I do this several times a day to keep up with things.  It's always something.

Joe came home last night around dinner time.  I was so glad to see him.  My next-door-neighbor, Chrissy, called and asked what we were doing for dinner.  I said probably calling out.  She said she was in the mood for sushi and did we want to go to the Hibachi Grill.  Yes!  I am always up for that place.  So the three of us headed there for dinner.  Chrissy and I loaded up on sushi and tempura.  Egg rolls and chicken on a stick.  Oh so good.  Joe had meat.  Lots of meat.  He said he hadn't had any for days and he was craving it.  Of course he also had veggies, but he was loving that meat.
So now I have to get going and get to church.  I have the treat for Fellowship Time today and I didn't bake anything.  I think I will stop at Dunkin' Donuts on the way over.   Sorry I've been so busy I haven't even taken any pictures this week except for my 6 p.m. pictures.  And I didn't even get that taken last night because we were out.

MARCH @ 6 P.M.
March 20

March 21

March 22

March 23

March 24

I hope you all have a great day today.



  1. What a week you've had! I'm hoping the plumber can get your new dishwasher installed. Glad Joe is back home and maybe things can get back to normal soon. Dunkin Donuts is always a good treat, in my book.

    1. Oh I do hope things get back to normal soon. I am so disgusted with this whole dishwasher thing. I will be so glad when it is all done.

  2. You've been missed!
    The dishwasher dilemma is not fun! You are showing great patience. I say, use paper plates and cups until it is installed.
    Have a good week and wish you well.

    1. Thanks, Christine. Sometimes you just have to take time off. I don't know how patient I am. I am getting disgusted with Home Depot, that's for sure.

  3. Good to hear from you! We had such a fiasco of a dishwasher replacement last year. Hope yours is soon able to be installed. Washing dishes by hand is not fun :(.
    Take care, God bless!

    1. Thanks, Doris. Our appliances are good when they work, aren't they? It's tough for me to wash dishes by hand, but I'm getting it done.

  4. What a crazy turn of events with your new dishwasher. Good grief! I sure hope your plumber can help get it installed and working!! It was good to catch up with you!

    1. I'm hoping the plumber can do the job also. All it needs is the wooden board taken off and put back on. How hard can that be?

  5. Well, I can see why you didn't have time to post this week, Kathy! lol What did you do in all your spare time though? (lol)

    That is just a mess about the dishwasher. I hope the plumber can get it in for you without too much trouble or expense.

    I am glad Joe is doing better and that his hand is improving--and hoping that it will be as good as new after PT. And his breathing treatments get adjusted properly.

    Have a good week, Kathy. I think we only visit and post as we can and when we can...and don't worry about it when we can't. Love to you- Diana

    1. This week is just as busy as the last. Oh my, for the foreseeable future I am just running.

      The dishwasher sure is a mess. I feel like cancelling the order and starting over.

  6. the trials and errors of ordering and installing a fun and hopefully it will all work out for you so that you won't have to pay too much more for the install! You have had a busy week. It seems all I want to do today once we got home from church and eating at Denny's is sit. But we did go on a walk and I washed our sheets. And did a bit of photography. Have a good week and don't let the dishwasher episode spoil your days. Yes, use paper plates and plastic ware will help out on dishes. Hugs!

    1. I did have a busy week. And today I crashed and ended up sleeping all afternoon after I came home from church. I needed it.

      We have been eating out a lot. That cuts down on dishes too!

  7. The photos are beautiful! Hope the plumber can help & all this disruption will soon be behind you.Enjoy the great weather!

  8. Kathy, Do you ever wonder how you found time to work all those years? just keeps us busy most times, doesn't it honey? I would be furious about the dishwasher...the old I get the less patience I Dishwasher are not made to last ..well really is anything? I still have my washer and dryer for 30 years , but I have done some work on them. I wish you good luck with your dishes washer. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

  9. You really did have a busy week! I haven't blogged much because my arthritis has been giving me fits. The pain really drags me down. I hope that you do get your dish washer in. I cannot stand to do dishes either so I know what a handicap it is for you. Glad to read that Joe's hand or finger is doing well.


Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.