Saturday, April 16, 2016

A LAZY SATURDAY


Does that look lazy enough for you?  My goodness, I am tired today and have done a lot of nothing.  I have to get busy when I am finished with this post though.  I have so much to do around here.

Thursday I got up and made blueberry muffins for breakfast.


They turned out really good and just hit the spot.


Yesterday Debbie, Carole, Joe and I went over to church and cleaned it for Sunday.  We hadn't been there for two weeks, so really went at it.  I scrubbed woodwork, did the basins and toilets in the restrooms.  Debbie mopped the kitchen and restroom floors and vacuumed the entire downstairs hall.  Carole went upstairs and did the vacuuming, woodwork, Fellowship Time tables and pastor's restroom.  Joe worked on all of the stairs getting all the little bits and pieces up and then putting out the trash.  Debbie and I also moved the furniture in the downstairs to make a nice sitting area to have Bible Study in.  It sure helped to have all four of us there to work.

I was really tired when we were finished and my legs hurt something awful.  But we went to Shop Rite, got a few things we needed plus sandwiches for lunch.  You know I took a nap after I ate.

By last night my leg and foot had swollen up.  Not as badly as when I was working full time, but still not good.  I really have to watch what I am doing and not overdo it.

So today I have just been sitting around.  I did the church bulletin, but the printer isn't working.  Joe is going to try it from his computer and see if that application works better.  If not, there won't be any bulletins at church tomorrow.  Not the end of the world, but still.

So back to trying to figure things out.  Oh, the joy of the computer age.

Until later...

Kathy


10 comments:

  1. Kathy, I love that lazy spot. :):) I made some blueberry muffins this week too. Hope you are feeling better this afternoon. I finally got all the pansies planted here. They were starting to look very sad..almost dead. so it's good that I got them done. Blessings for a great weekend. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you send the bulletin to someone that has a working printer. Just a thought. What makes your leg swell. Hope you are resting it today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately there isn't anyone that I could send it to. But I got the printer working so all was well.

      Delete
    2. Oh and my leg swells because of my arthritis.

      Delete
  3. Computers, love'em & hate'em.
    By the way, those muffins... I'm drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its good to have a lazy day,,and printers are wonderful when they work but a pain when they do not,

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh muffins are looking yummy right now with my cup of tea that's half gone! Glad you got the church cleaned and bulletin done. Always something. We had a cash register down for 2 days at work due to a cpu board bad. Got a new one Thurs but not up and running til Friday. But I will be happy to have them both working when I get back next week! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your food photos! I can smell the warm muffins....ummm.It may sound weird but the tired I felt after we cleaned was a 'good' tired.A job well done tired.Relieved to hear there will be bulletins. I really like to jot sermon notes on mine.
    Supposed to be 70 degrees today! Relax & enjoy! woof

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom does our church bulletins and sometimes they can be quite a pain. Technology isn't all it's cracked up to be. Hoping your leg is feeling better

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.