Wednesday, September 2, 2015

SEPTEMBER MORN


I took yesterday off from work.  It was so nice to regroup and get myself centered again.  Work has been so awful.  The kids have been little monsters.  The last hurrah before going back to school?  I took away computer time from some of them and told others to leave because of their behavior.  They, of course, laughed at me and did whatever they wanted to.  Oh the joys of being acting librarian while your boss is at lunch.

And then to top it off last Thursday I had a disagreement with one of my employees who is questioning my authority as her supervisor.  Now she is not speaking to me nor acknowledging my presence.  Needless to say the tension is immense.

So I really needed a day off from work.  And yesterday was just what I needed.  I celebrated my favorite month of the whole year -- September.

I had plans for the whole day and of course nothing turned out the way I expected.  Do they ever?

I began the day by changing out all the towels, washcloths and bath puffs in the bathroom.  They went from white to a lovely yellow, gold and green.  It looks so nice.

Then it was on to teaching the Ladies' Bible study.  Another great study in Galatians.  This week it was Galatians 3:1-9 and the topic was faith.  Wow!  It was so good and I didn't have to run off to work so we stayed an extra half hour just talking things over.
Then Debbie came back to my house and cut about 2 1/2 inches off of my hair.  It feels and looks so much better.  I am hoping that without all that weight it won't fall out so quickly.  I've been getting handfuls of hair every morning when I brush and comb it.  Without it being so long hopefully it won't get as tangled.



Joe and I then dropped Debbie off and went to Shop Rite to do our weekly food shopping.  It was our usual 2 hour trek though that huge store.  But we got a lot of things we needed (and some things we wanted, too).  And when I was finished putting the groceries away I took a nice long nap.  Ah!!!  I could easily do that every day.  I always feel so much better when I get up.  My energy level is back.

I made our now second annual September first dinner of spare ribs.  We don't get them often since they are so expensive, but I am making this an annual thing.  We also got some tortellini salad that is store made and delicious.  And I put on the plate some of those new Lays truffle potato chips.  In my opinion they are the best chips ever made.  I had gotten butternut squash soup too, but it was way too hot for it.  We had a day with temperatures in the 90s.



We had some pumpkin spice tea that I got in Lancaster in July.  It was good, but Joe liked it more than I did.  I think it will grow on me though.



We had bought some pumpkin doughnuts for dessert, but were so full that we couldn't eat them.  Oh, well, today's another day.



Back to work today and it went really fast.  I had some catching up to do and end of the month reports so I was busy the whole day.  And since Liz left early, and Boss had to leave at 5 p.m., I was boss for the last hour.  Oh the power!  NOT.

Tonight was the first Bible Study/Prayer Meeting of the year.  I'm glad to be getting back to this even though it makes for a long day.

So it looks as if the Fall things are starting to fit into place.  A new month and in three weeks a new season.  Although I love Fall, I do NOT love Winter and am not looking forward to that.  I will be doing some Fall stuff all month and will take pictures to show you as I go along.  Here's to putting away the Summer things for another year and getting out the golds, browns and oranges.

Hope you had a good September Morn.  I can't wait to share things with you this month!

15 comments:

  1. Kathy, I have to say I am totally amazed at how rude some young people can be...lack of respect for anything and anyone. I know you are going to love your retirement...Underlings..where do they get off?? LOL. I can remember telling a young lady to trun her cell phone off in her work area, as they interfered with the test equipment...showed her the 6 foot x 4 foot sign above her head that stated the same thing...she say, "What are we suppose to do when we want to talk on the phone" ? I mean young lady are you freaking kidding me???? you go to the break area on your break and call whom ever you like....like the many that worked here years before you came in have done.. I for one do not understand the attachment to phones....too many are missing their real lives. LOL. See , don't get me started...so now I pray for everyone all the time. Bless your heart Kathy. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! I don't know how people can be like that. I like having my phone, but I'm not attached to it. I agree that they are missing out on life.

      Delete
  2. Young people today are so hard to handle. It is a sad time in our lives for sure. Your plate looked so good and bet it tasted even better. Fall is a special time for me too, and I look forward to seeing all your fall pictures. Hope today is a better day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That dinner was so very good! The spare ribs were just right and the salad was delicious.

      Delete
  3. Louis Dean taught second grade for 25 years and he said the children used to be so sweet and kind. Beofre he retired they were becoming monsters! He blames it on lack of parenting at home and I tend to agree. We had the quads for 11 hours yesterday and not once did I have to get on to them! They ALWAYS say, "I'm sorry, MeeMaw!" when they spill a little something or drop something or whatever. Often throughout the day one and another would say, "I love you, MeeMaw!" Amber thinks they are so good because they have been surrounded all of their young loves with nurtue and discipline. They have never known harsh words and any kind of mistreatment. They are in a church preschool and I am already praying about their school years ahead when they will likely be attending public school.

    See, we ALL feel strongly about your post today! Glad you got some rest and your traditional dinner looked SO good!!!

    Love and prayers as you persevere on until retirement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a different world we live in. I'm glad the quads are learning manners and respect at a young age. The trouble with the kids I work with is so many of them are just left on their own Retirement is coming!

      Delete
  4. Your new 'cut' looks so cute! I adore it. Don't get me started on kids. They start learning at home,but there is no 'home' as we knew it growing up.It's sad.....Can't wait to see all your Fall "stuff'. I love the colors-----reds,golds,browns....Fall reminds me of the last hurrah,or bedtime story before being tucked in for winter's sleep. I think snuggle is one of my favorite words! Ha ha!
    Tie a knot & hang on.....retirement is coming!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my new cut looks cute it's because of YOU! I love the colors of fall too. Hope you enjoy seeing my decorations as I get them up.

      Delete
  5. I like your new hair cut. I got mine cut yesterday too and it feels so much better. It sounds like you packed a lot into your day off. I sure hope the rest of the week at work is better. Sending you some extra hugs today, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane. It's good to get your hair cut every now and then, isn't it? I think it keeps it healthier. Things are settling down at work and I sure do appreciate those hugs!

      Delete
  6. I hope the work situation straightens itself out. Prayers for that person, especially. I love September as it leads us to my favorite month, October! Looking forward to fall but I have to honestly say, I enjoyed this summer, and am happy to see it is still lingering. Wish I could bottle this for December through mid April! Your haircut looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara. You are too kind with your nice compliment about my haircut. Things are starting to calm down between us and I'm sure in a few weeks things will be back to normal. I'm glad summer is hanging on too. I've really enjoyed my summer this year.

      Delete
  7. Loving your colours and all that FALL atmosphere you're creating. My many years in the HOT SOUTH gave me a love for September---the anticipation, my birthday, Labor Day Weekend, the Start of School, and other little moments harbingering the beginning of FALL. (Even though the temperatures usually stayed Summer for at least another six weeks, except for an occasional cooler evening).

    My Summer valedictions will come a little later, as always, for I was craving Wisteria yesterday, as the lush, loaded grapevine swayed and all the trees in the yard rustled a tune, and so at midnight, I went way back to a friend's blog and got her picture of great sweeps of the wonderful purply blooms, like a laden clothesline across a meadow. I just sat here typing out words of what-if-it's-a-Fairy-Clothesline, and just wrote down the first thing that came to mind.

    I awoke today thinking "Did I really write that? Did I post it on Lawn Tea? Did I write Janie and let her know I'd borrowed her photo?---a longstanding 'blanket help-yourself' from such a sweet friend---and first thing i did this a.m. was to come look, and sure enough, there was this silly little poem, just sitting there, and three comments whilst I slept!

    Oh, my---Is there such a thing as Fall Fever? I must be about to succumb, for all your oranges and plums and golds are just brighting me no end. I'd like my Pumpkin Tea with one lump, please.

    Hope you have a fabulous, restful weekend!

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to hop over to your bloc and read this. How fun!

      Delete
  8. It feels like fall right now as it's been cool all day even yesterday. A wee bit of rain this a.m. I spent quite awhile shopping on Fri and stayed home all of Sat. I think I still need to go water the plants today since the rain hasn't been enough to water plants well. My daughter has issues with children at the library as well. They think it's fine to sit in the stairwell and talk and text on their phones! Nor do they listen! Sigh! Last week was busy at work with a few people gone. Sigh but looking forward to a better week even though I have to work early tomorrow. Plus side is I get off early! :0+ Have a good holiday weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.