Thursday, August 20, 2015

WEDNESDAY'S OVER -- NOW ON TO THURSDAY


It really does.  I'm enjoying summer and the warm beautiful weather.  I even liked the pouring rain this afternoon.  (I was at work and just watched it through the window.)

First of all, thank you for all your kind words about my thyroid problems.  I had no idea so many people could identify with me.  As I said, my symptoms are just annoying and so many people have things a lot worse than I do.  I'm really grateful.
 
I had trouble sleeping last night and so overslept this morning.  As you can guess I was late getting to work.  *sigh*  I didn't have time for breakfast and so was very hungry by lunch.  I had to go to Shop Rite again so I got a green salad, tortellini salad and potato salad from the salad bar.  Then I picked up a few things I needed.  When I got back to work I found I had only five minutes to eat lunch.  Oh no!  I had to go on the front desk so I ended up eating half the salad, going on the desk, and eating the rest of it the next hour after I got off.  It was still good.

We are so busy these days with all the Fishtown people coming in to get their books.  We are getting their deliveries from the Central Branch and all their mail too.  I feel badly for the employees because I know from experience that it's no fun being in another branch and not having your own things around you.  We are making them welcome and it's better than some other places they could have been assigned to, but it's still not home.  They don't even have their own coffee cup or file drawers.

When I got home from work Joe told me that he had a bad headache and wanted to sleep before dinner.  I said that was OK I would lay down for a little bit too.  Three hours later I wake up with Joe telling me it was after 10 p.m. and we hadn't eaten dinner.  We both felt better, but it was too late to eat.  We just had some snacks so that we could take our medication.

Now I'm starting to get a migraine.  It never ends.  But this is going to end because I am getting off of here and get some more sleep.  I have a dentist appointment in the morning before work so I need to get up on time.

More news tomorrow.  Good night.

 
Kathy

6 comments:

  1. I can appreciate your empathy for the staff of Fishtown. When you go to another location,it's not having things like your coffee cup,drawer or chair. It may sound a bit petty but it's true. There are a lot of little things we take for granted until we don't have them..Let's appreciate them today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, Some times it sounds like you are burning your candle at both ends. The hurrier you go the behinder you get.. Get yourself some protein bars to carry in your purse...that way you are getting the much need protein to help keep you alert. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you do it? I couldnt keep up the pace you do and I just hope you dont crumble from exhaustion one of these days. I like the idea that Susie gave - protein bars to carry in your purse. At least it would be something in your stomach and give you that extra punch of energy. Praying you have a good, regular, Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Susie and Linda for your suggestions about a protein bar. Unfortunately since my stomach surgery 5 years ago those bars are off the list of things I can eat. They all have oats and raw grains and I would be very sick. I do, however, carry things like raisins and dried cranberries which help a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard on you when you get out of sync with eating and sleeping. I can't go without eating...especially protein. I hope you feel better and get good sleep tonight. I love summer! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless your heart!! You have to wake up so you can go to bed!! Hope you feel better every day and that migraine goes away!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.