Wednesday, August 19, 2015


That's what I've been doing lately.  Lots of sleep.  I was going to write this post earlier but I fell asleep on the sofa sitting up and slept for about 4 hours!  Darn this thyroid problem.  I know it's not regulated yet but I don't know if I have too much or too little of the hormone.  I get my blood tested again the end of September and I sure am looking forward to getting the results of that test.  Sleeping so much, hair falling out, the joint pain, and feeling as if something is crawling on my arms and legs a lot of the time is the worst of it.  Yuck.  But every time I think of complaining I think of my friend Marianne who has Graves' disease along with several other physical problems and whose thyroid is totally out of control.  For 18 months she has been going through torture as her doctor tries to get her to that magic point where everything is balanced.  I have NOTHING to complain about.

Bible study on Tuesday was just super.  Even though I study my lesson I never really know how it will turn out because I ask a lot of questions and there is a lot of interaction going on.  Everyone comes with their own perspective and experiences.  We talked about Paul's conversion and looked at Galatians 1:11-24.  We looked at how Paul did a complete turn around when he accepted Christ and how God changes us completely sometimes in the most unexpected ways.  I know if my friend Debbie comments on this blog she will back me up at how interesting it was this week.  I like having Debbie in the class.  She always adds so much to the discussion.

Genny and I have been discussing ways we can build up the morale in our church.  Everyone has been so sad since Pastor Justin left.  We loved him and miss him so much.  He really brought so much life to our congregation.  We have been discussing having our annual T-shirt Sunday this year.  So this afternoon I wrote to the Elder Board and asked if we could have T-shirt Sunday since it wouldn't cost any money to wear the T-shirts we already have.  (We were going to get new ones with the new church name and logo on them, but that sort of fell through.)  I was very happy when the Elder Board emailed me back and thought it was an excellent idea.  So expect pictures of that in a few weeks.  Genny and I have other ideas too so I hope we can pull them off.

Work was OK too.  It was busy, but that way the day goes by fast.  I am liking our new guard Deb more and more.  She is a no nonsense lady who likes all of us and wants to do a good job.  I asked her today if she attends a church and she said yes, she is a born again Christian and I said so was I.  We were just smiling and talking with each other all day.  I have been praying for years for another evangelical Christian to work with and God has rewarded my patience.

I went to Shop Rite at dinner tonight.  I got the best fried chicken.  Two nice sized pieces for $2.50.  Not bad.  I am definitely going to do that again.  Along with a bottle of iced tea it was under $5.  Nice.

I didn't eat too much because I knew Joe was cooking dinner for me when I got home a few hours later.  He made hot dogs and tater tots.  It was so super sweet of him.  He knows how tired I get.

So all in all I have had a great Tuesday.  I'm just so happy and feel like smiling.  Now I'm going back to bed and get some sleep before I face another day.  Lots to do before I leave for work.  And it's the middle of the week.  (I HATE the term "hump day".)  So see you all later.  And even if I don't comment on your blogs, I do read them all.



  1. What a news filled post! I do agree with Kathy on the study this week. I attend to learn & grow,as hopefully we all do. Paul's conversion just shows that none of us are beyond God's loving reach.
    Glad to hear that the new guard is working out so well.Once a team comes together,it all runs so much better! Aches,ills & the world of seems to take so long to determine if a treatment is working.....I believe patience is one of the biggest disciplines we need to master. It is so hard for us to 'wait' for something! Especially in this instant everything world.
    Thank you for the picture of Bedtime bear! He was always my favorite Care Bear! So cute!
    Have a beautiful day!

  2. You really have had a great Tuesday and I am thankful. That thyroid business is rough until you can get it regulated. Can you not call your doctor and see if you can get the test sooner? Also so glad you have another Christian friend at work....sure helps. Hope your Wed. is as good as yesterday.

    1. Unfortunately I have to take the new dosage for 8 weeks before they can tell if it is working or not. *sigh*

  3. Kathy, I hope you can get your thyroid meds you can live the good life...So many things can happen because of the thyroid. My twins have both had theirs taken out..had too. Liz's had cancer in hers and Karen's was enlarged. Both on meds the rest of their lives. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

  4. My granddaughter has congenital thyroid disease or syndrom. She's been on medicene for years and has to get it adjusted every year. She's 7 years old. I pray you rest well these next few weeks. Being always tired is no fun. Take care!!

  5. I'm just now catching up on your week! I think I have told you that I had thyroid cancer and will have to take medicine the rest of my life since I don't have a thyroid now. That has not been a problem for me and I hope your medication will work for you!


Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.