Wednesday, April 12, 2017

TARGET PART 2, SOME SPRING FLOWERS, AND A SURPRISE




Good evening, everyone!  Joe just left for his Veterans group meeting.  They meet once a month and usually he doesn't get there because he is at church.  But this week we don't have Bible study so he was able to go.
They meet directly across the street from our house so there isn't far to go.

Looking through my pictures, I found I had some from Target that I didn't show you so thought I would throw them in here.


Look at this furry stool I found.  At first I thought it looked silly, but then it started growing on me.  I like it, but I would never have it in my house.  It would get too dusty and probably set off our allergies.  Joe and I are allergic to everything!

Here are a couple of videos I took.  The first one shows some bowls I loved.  I didn't get any though because the last thing this house needs is more bowls!  I really wanted to take the other side of the shelves because they had beautiful white ceramic and golden pineapple items.  The one I really loved was a golden pineapple container with a soy candle inside.  But it was the only one and there was no price.  They had pineapple candy dishes, salt and pepper shakers, bowls, etc.  But every time I went to take a video there were people standing in front of it.  So I didn't get it.  Maybe later.  Or maybe not.  I've never seen a store like Target that moves items so quickly.  And when they're gone, they're gone.


The second video is of a shelf of ceramic bunnies and chicks.  It's where I got the bunny salt and pepper shakers.  I wanted everything but I am not spending $15 on a bunny bowl to use for jellybeans once a year.


On Tuesday when I was at Bible study I saw all the pretty flowers in our church yard.  I don't have any in my yard yet.  What's with that?  So I went into the yard to get some pictures for you.





 Aren't they pretty?  I've really got to get out into my yard and start cleaning up.  It's a mess!  But my knees have been hurting me so much that I haven't been doing much of anything.  Anyone with bad knees knows my pain.

Joe just came in as I was writing this and told me to go across the street because they were going to have a flag ceremony.  He said, "I thought you would want to have pictures for your blog."  😊 He knows me so well.  So I grabbed my camera and went.

They told about folding the flag and then presented it to a lady who had lost her husband, a member of the Veterans' Society.  So interesting, but so sad.







The audio in the video is very faint.  You have to turn your audio all the way up to hear it.


APRIL @ 7 P.M.
I have some pretty pictures to show you today.
 
April 9


April 11

April 12
I forgot to take April 10th's but I hope these beauties make up for it.

I'm having lemon chicken for dinner tonight.  We will eat when Joe gets back from his meeting.  Have a great evening!

Kathy

14 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Kathy. I love the TJMaxx store here, too, but try not to go cuz the truth is I don't need one more thing! lol Great fun videos.

    That is so sad about the flag folding. I have my dad's flag that covered his casket. It is a bittersweet memory of him.

    Hope you have a great night and Easter. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very interesting watching them fold the flag. I'm going to look for either a printed copy of what each fold means or a better video than I got. The guy had no mike and the traffic was drowning him out a lot.

      Delete
    2. Kathy, I am a sad recipient of a folded flag. 5 yrs ago at my
      husband's burial, the military guys took the flag off my precious hubby's casket, folded it & brought it to me. So sad, but I was/am so proud of my precious Joe. I didn't know that there were flag cases, but our son brought me one, gently placed the folded flag in the glass case & placed on the mantle, & it still there dust free.

      Rita in Nashville

      Delete
    3. Rita, I am so sorry for your loss. I know you must miss your husband terribly. I am so thankful for him and others like him who served our country.

      Delete
  2. The flag folding can be a bit sad I guess though I never attended one. I think we need to be more respectful of our veterans & honor their service. Beautiful sunsets.Thank you for sharing them.And,as always,for the bit of true Peanuts wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've never been to a flag ceremony? I've been to several -- my dad's funeral, my step-dad's funeral and Joe's dad's funeral. It's usually done for veterans at their funerals.

      Delete
  3. Kathy, I love your pretty flowers in your yard. they are so bright I feel bad that you can't get down on your knees have you ever considered knee surgery? MY mother has a few friends who have done it and it has made a world of a difference. That was a neat ceremony. XoXo Marissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flowers are in my church's yard and they are so pretty. Nothing in my yard yet. I am too young to have the surgery. Or so my doctor told me. Maybe I'll have it someday.

      Delete
  4. Kathy, The flowers are so pretty. Nice that Joe got to attend the meeting and it being so near..how great is that? Take care of your self girl. Blessings to you and Joe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish my flowers would come up. I'm going to have to mow my lawn soon and maybe I'll find them then.

      Delete
  5. I am enjoying my pansies that i bought then have two from the Seder we were at over the weekend. I'm glad Joe was able to go to veteran meeting which was close by. I put most of my flowers in pots since I don't have to dig into the clay ground and bend over alot. But I do need to weed but that will have to wait. We've had cool temps and rain...still. When will the warm weather appear and stay? Who knows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pansies. I'm going to have to buy some soon. We finally have warm weather and it appears to be staying!

      Delete
  6. Your pansies must be volunteers from last summer? Love when that happens! I want to get out there and clean flower beds, too, but I don't dare. Any twist or turn could cause me to break a bone. It makes me feel so sad because I love my flowers. Alan will have to do the weeding and watering this year. He like flowers but we will see if he still likes them by the end of the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more thing, my sister-in-law was sent home from the hospital today. We are all standing in amazement of what the Lord has done. They told her that she had had the heart attack that they call the widow maker. God's mercy is overwhelming!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.