Thursday, August 18, 2016

THE DAY I CRASHED

I feel as if time is just rushing by.  Yesterday I wanted to get so much done and I just ran from one thing to another all day.  Almost nothing got done on my list.

It began with waking up with the phone ringing and one of the guys at church needed us to go over there and give him a key to get into one of the buildings.  So we got up and dressed and went over there.  We were there for about an hour and then headed over to 7-11 to get breakfast sandwiches.

I went back to sleep after breakfast and woke up to do a few things around the house and then Joe wanted to go to the post office to pick up a package.  So off we went.

We came back and I did a little bit more before having to make an early dinner to get to Bible Study on time.  I still had to shower and change my clothes so we didn't quite make it.  We were two minutes late and the other two people who attended were sitting on the front steps waiting for us.

After the Study we came home and Joe went right to bed and fell asleep almost immediately.  My left foot and ankle are swollen so much and so painful.  So I took some pain killers, turned on the Olympics, and fell right to sleep again.  I've just woken up.  My list of 20 things to do has just 5 things crossed off of it.  Some days I just crash and I guess this was my day.

I have been very bad about my diet and I think that is one reason my foot is so swollen.  I've been eating these wonderful Prime Rib flavored chips from 7-11 and drinking iced tea.  Bad for me!  I have got to get back on track today.  And I was doing so well too.  I just have not been able to get back where I belong since vacation.  It seems to be just running all the time since then.

I was going to meet Genny at church today and clean, but when Joe and I were over there yesterday, Jim was there cleaning.  So I can call her later and tell her we don't need to do that.  Maybe I can clean my own house instead.  It's still bad, but I'm making progress.

And best of all when I was cleaning yesterday (the little time I did) I found my camera!  You know I did a little happy dance.  It is now safely in the case and in my purse where I can find it.  I am a happy camper.  It was, of all things, under a cushion on the sofa.  How did it get there?  I have no idea!

I thought I would show you another favorite piece of jewelry I have.  Joe gave me this pretty lavender heart for Christmas a couple of years ago.  I wear it a lot because I really like it.


So since it is now almost 2 a.m., I am going to get myself together and go back to sleep.  Tomorrow is another day and I hope to get back on track with everything.

Until later...

Kathy


 




6 comments:

  1. Yay! the camera is found! So happy as I know how you felt without it. Of all places though...Proves you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have fallen down one of the cracks. I sure didn't put it under a cushion. But I'm so glad to have it back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I am so glad you found your camera....you can't even imagine how much cleaning and sorting I have been doing for a week...just to find my toolbox keys. I always swore they were on my craftsman screwdriver gadget...but they were not. I found them this morning..Ted and I both did a happy dance. He was getting ready to drill the lock out of the toolbox....I knew I had those keys somewhere...they were in the tool drawer in the kitchen. Gaaaa. Sweetheart, you are learning...once you retire, something quirky happens to our inner clocks..we run out of time . LOL. Please take care of your health Kathy...you will find that is going to be your everyday job now. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't worry about my health. I never even think about it until I get really sick. Glad you found the keys. How do things turn up in these odd places?

      Delete
  4. I am glad that you found your camera. How can a blogger live without a camera? I love your necklace, the other necklace and your shirt too! Your are looking good today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. I like this outfit too. And I am so glad I found my camera!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.