Tuesday, April 19, 2016

THE ROBIN

I always am excited to see my first robin of the year.  To me it means that Spring is here.  The robins have returned!  And although I have seen several by this time, try as I might I couldn't get a photo of one.  Until yesterday, that is.

Joe and I were at church sitting on the front steps waiting for a repairman to show up.  Suddenly this robin comes up to us, looks at us and then flies into the dogwood tree in the church yard.  I grabbed my camera out of my purse and was able to get some shots of him.


After awhile he flew onto the sidewalk and into a neighbor's yard and back onto the sidewalk.  I kept snapping away.  It was great!




Now it's officially Spring.

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Kathy, Good photos of your first robin. I am happy for you. I remember seeing one in our crabapple ...it snowed after I saw him. I worry for him ...but he ate those apples cause they are tiny. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos! Now you have your own 'robin'story! So pretty! woof

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! It isn't Spring until the Robin's sing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.