Sunday, April 24, 2016

SUNDAY


It has been a lovely day today.  We had a nice day at church this morning.  Joe had the service to himself.  All the other elders were away so he was left to do everything.  And he did it well.

Since we had no musician today we sang acapella.  Our Deacon, Joe, led us.  Joe has a lovely voice and kept us on tune.

Elder Joe (my husband) had a great message on the supremacy of Jesus.  I'll post it later.

We decided today that we are going to begin having our Sunday dinner in the middle of the day when we come home from church.  It has been difficult for me to make us a decent dinner on Sunday night.  I am so tired.  So we had dinner when we got home.  It worked out much better.

For our evening meal I am going to slice some apples, pears and watermelon and put it on plates with some crackers and cheese.  We might even have chocolate ice cream for dessert.

And that is what I am about to do now.  After that it's going to be a cleaning frenzy.  While trying to find our new GPS we ended up making the living room worse.  If that was possible.  Since Carole is coming over tomorrow we have to clean up so that she can get around without falling.  *sigh*  This is going to take awhile so I had better get busy.  Hope you have a good evening.


Kathy



8 comments:

  1. such a great photo of you two,, and I think its great to have a bigger meal at lunch,, we usually do on Sunday,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurie. I don't know why I didn't think to do this before now. It just makes so much more sense.

      Delete
  2. Such a handsome photo of the two of you! The heavier meal at midday is healthier as the medical experts say you then burn those calories. Makes total sense.
    Safe travel to the conference! woof

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! I don't know how many calories you burn off if you take your Sunday afternoon nap after you eat. Ha, ha!

      Delete
  3. I love that picture! Hope you got your chores done. If it's like around here, they are never really done

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to see you and Joe enjoying the good weather in your back yard!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.