Saturday, April 30, 2016


We traded places sleeping on Tuesday night so that Joe was next to the window.  I wasn't as cold, but I still didn't sleep well.  I got about 3-4 hours of sleep.  Joe was twitching and kicking.  I think he may have been having mini-seizures.  He really needed that medicine.

We got up around 7:00 a.m. and got ready for another (and the last) day.  We headed over to the Dining Hall for breakfast and to meet up with Pastor Sean.  We ate almost every meal with him.

I had forgotten to bring my shampoo so my hair looked horrible.  I pulled it back to minimize the damage but still...

I had two hard boiled eggs, sausage and a cinnamon roll for breakfast.  Joe had French toast. We sure did eat good.  Besides Sean, another pastor joined us and we had a delightful conversation all through the meal.  The other pastor, Pastor John, offered to come help us out with preaching a few Sunday mornings.  We are trying to make that happen.

After we ate, I went back to the room to get my Bible and to call the pharmacy.  They still did not have Joe's prescription, so I called his doctor.  The person I spoke with said that she personally had sent the prescription over and she had the confirmation.  She was going to call again and gave me her name in case there was a problem.

So I was late getting to Fellowship Hall.  When I got there the people were in large groups praying.  I saw Donna so sat down next to her.  Then we broke into smaller groups and it was Donna's two lady friends and me.  We were asked to pray for the Clinton Corners BFC and Hope Philadelphia BFC (which is where I attend).  The ladies asked me what our needs were and prayed so fervently for us that I was moved to tears.

After some singing we began the address.  

The morning session had Pastor Josh Gibson (not related to Tim Gibson from the day before) speaking on "Pressing On... Striving to be Fully Committed to Our Calling."  Another great message.

 (Picture courtesy of Pastor Dan Allen)

We had a break after the message and I waited outside for Donna.

She and I took off and went to the Rite Aid again.  What a sweetheart she is to drive me all around.  This time they had the correct medicine and I was able to get it.  We got back just shortly before the break for lunch.  I got a bottle of water out of the refrigerator and gave the medicine and water to a page who took it to Joe.

Way in the back is a fuzzy Joe in the purple standing to make a remark to the moderator.

We met for lunch and Joe and I invited another pastor, Pastor Bob, to sit with us.  It turns out both he and Joe were in the Marines (although at different times) and were stationed at the same places.  They had a good time talking about things.  Pastor Bob also offered to help us out with preaching duties.
For lunch I had roast pork with carrots and potatoes.  Joe had chicken breast.  Yum!

There were a lot of people standing by the side window and pointing.  I asked what was outside and Pastor Sean told me it was a duck who had laid eggs and they were just hatching.  I grabbed my camera and went over.

Joe went back to the afternoon session and I went to the room.  I was very tired and tried to sleep, but couldn't.  So I began packing up everything since we were going to leave when the session was over.  I got everything together and then decided to go see what was going on.

There were just a few women sitting in the back.  The pastors and elders were going over reports and wording on different rules.  They would change one word, make a motion and second it, vote, change another word, etc.  One sentence took over an hour and it's still not done.  They have to come back next year with better wording.  The other women drifted away until I was the only one left in the room.  I found it fascinating.  It was done by parlimentary rules and I think I learned a lot.

This is the delegation from one of our two churches in Mexico.

They ran over by an hour or so and ended up feeding dinner to whoever wanted to stay.  It was a bare bones dinner of leftovers from the other meals, but it was good.  We sat with Pastor Ralph and talked with him a great deal.  We finally ended up leaving around 7:30 p.m.

I had thought ahead and had gotten a reservation at a nearby hotel.  I was tired and didn't want to drive home  3 hours in the dark.  So we headed over there.

The desk clerk was really nice. I had asked for a handicapped room and it was right off of the lobby.  It was a beautiful room.  It looked like a palace after the room we had at Pinebrook.  The bathroom was four times the size of the one we had just left.  And they had a TV.  Strange but there was so much going on I didn't even miss the TV while we were away.

We were both so tired that we got ready for bed and went right to sleep.  That bed was comfy and I had no trouble sleeping.

And so ends day three.  To be continued...



  1. Kathy, I had missed your previous post. I hope Joe is doing well. I think you are a cute couple. I loved the photos you took of the grounds and the buildings. I bet that was a truly an enjoyable time. Blessings to you and Joe. xoxo, Susie

    1. This was probably one of the best weeks of my life. The grounds and buildings were wonderful but more wonderful was getting to meet so many wonderful people.

  2. I'm happy to read that Joe is getting his medicine and doing better now.
    Looks like you are having a wonderful time, it's a gorgeous place to stay and recharge your batteries and enjoy all that fellowship.

    1. Oh, it is beautiful. Coming from the city this is loads of nature for us even though it isn't a big place. And recharging my batteries was exactly what I did and what I needed to do.

  3. what a great time you had, well, except for the missing medication, you will need to rest up after all this for sure,

    1. Oh my, Laurie, I've been sleeping for two days now. It was a wonderful time but it sure wore me out.

  4. Love those huge trees! Glad to hear Joe got his medicine.What blessings were the ladies who helped you. The hotel looks lovely.Glad your spirit got nourished as well. Love you! woof

    1. It was wonderful. I didn't want to come back.


Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. I often reply to your comments, so feel free to check back.