Wednesday, April 13, 2016

A TUESDAY LUNCH

Yesterday was cold and pouring rain.  I'm sure that was at least partly responsible for the low turn out at Bible Study.  But Dottie, Debbie and I carried on and got through Ephesians 3:1-13.  Moving right along here.

After we dropped Dottie off at her house, Debbie and I headed for Salvation Army to leave off our monthly donation.  This has been working out really well.  It's only one bag a month that I am getting out of the house, but one bag is one bag!  I have to get rid of things.  There is just no more room in this tiny place.

Debbie and I usually go out for lunch after we drop off our donations.  But it was still raining and so we debated whether to go out or just go home and try it for another day.  We decided to just go for it.  I'm glad we did.

We went to East Coast Wings and Grill.


Although it is one of my favorite places, Debbie had never been there before.  I had been wanting to introduce her to it because I knew she would like it.  And she did!

We found they had lunch specials at the back of their menu.  Debbie had chili and a salad with garlic bread and an iced tea.  I had the 5 piece wings with homemade chips and a lemonade.


The flavor of the month was lemon pepper.  It was good but it could have been a little more lemony for me.  You pay extra for one of the 65 flavors they have but if you get the flavor of the month it is free.  I am trying out the free ones if I think I will like them.  When Joe and I went in February I got the Polynesian and I loved it.  This was OK.

We got a chance to visit and talk and had a really great time.



We have so many places to eat around here (right between our two houses) that we will never run out of restaurants.  But I think this is going to be one of our go-to spots.  Good food.  Decent prices.  Good service.

Today is:
National Make Lunch Count Day
National Peach Cobbler Day
National Scrabble Day
National Thomas Jefferson Day
National Bookmobile Day (it's National Library Week)
 
Joe has gone to his Marine Corps Vets meeting.  I seldom have time alone in the house so I am going to enjoy it.  We'll have dinner when he gets back.  

The sun is setting and the day is winding down.  Hope you all have a great evening.


 Kathy

8 comments:

  1. Kathy, It's good to see you go have fun. You seem to be busy with drs. or appointments most times. Happy for you and your friend. You could do a weekly or monthly food blog about where you eat. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! Your right, a bag is a bag. I need to declutter around here something terrible! That wing place sounds awesome. I love wings. Sure wish we had that variety of food in our town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never underestimate the value of alone time!!! We all need it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you have had some exciting meals, and your photos are great!!
    I think we can all use some time alone,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really was a fun (and delicious!) day! Thank you for helping come up with the monthly drop off idea. It motivates me to try to get at least one bag together. I know that for me,there's a lot I've accumulated that I do not need.
    Already looking forward to our next lunch! Ha ha!Sunny today! Enjoy! woof

    ReplyDelete
  6. Despite the rainy day, looks like you had a productive outing and nothing better than getting rid of stuff that you no longer need or use. We have been doing the same even after relocating to an apt and when we return to our VA home will continue as well. And, enjiying time out with a friend does make the weather seem unimportant, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely day you had no matter the dreary weather! Lovely, lovely evening photo! Gorgeous! Have a great weekend Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.