Saturday, March 12, 2016

THIS AND THAT

It is late and I am tired, but I wanted to catch up on the week with you.  So this will be short and sweet but let you know what I've been up to.

I mentioned the other day that I was making a spring dinner and that is just what I did.  Salmon, rice, asparagus and strawberries.  It was so good!


Wednesday was a beautiful day.  It went up to 84*.  I spent several hours at church with my friend, Dorothea.  We were sorting through the church files and getting rid of empty envelopes, old phone bills, etc.  We are trying to make the office neat and clean for the new pastor coming in.  We are supposed to get someone in the next few months and we don't want him to walk into a mess.  It is a huge job and I knew I couldn't do it myself.  That's why I asked Dorothea to help me.  Between the two of us we made a big dent in things.  But there is at least another three weeks to go to finish it.  While we were working Joe was changing a doorknob on the Pastor's study.  We are all working to make it nice for whoever is coming in.

After we were finished Joe and I went to Chick-fil-A for lunch.  Yes, I was there two days in a row and I had the same meal also.  Oh well, the food is good!

Then we headed for Lowe's.  Joe had to pick up a few things.  I was looking at the garden furniture wishing I had lots of money to buy a new patio set.  Those things are expensive!  But I did find a beautiful rocking chair which I am going to buy Joe for his birthday.  Maybe an early gift because I don't know if they will still be there in May.


 On Thursday we went back to church to put on the other doorknob.  Joe was having a hard time of it.  By the time he was finished he was exhausted.  He even left all his tools there because he was so tired.  I keep telling him that if he was well enough to work every day he would have a job and not be on disability.  He really wants to work, and thinks he can, but he just can't.  He does what he can do, however, which is wonderful.

While he was putting on the doorknob I was doing some office work trying to get things done for Sunday.  Every time I take a church secretary job (and this is my third one) I always find it's more intense and time consuming than any other job I've ever had.

This sign is over the door in the pastor's office.  I laughed when I saw it.  It is my stepson's favorite saying and my friend Carol P. is always saying it.  I know it must have been left by Pastor Wayne because that's just his personality.


We got out of there and went right to Wawa to get hoagies for dinner.  Parked next to us was an old Ford F-100 truck.  Joe got out and talked to the guy sitting in it.  I LOVE old cars (and trucks).  How cool is this!


Yesterday Joe was down for the count.  So we didn't go over to church to finish up the doorknobs.  He has three to install.  

Early in the morning, though, he went to the plant where he used to work.  They are picketing there because the company brought in non-union workers.  He brought them coffee and doughnuts and talked to them for awhile.  They have had a giant blow-up rat at the gate and Joe loved it.  So one of the guys took a picture of him with it.  Leave it to Joe.


 He came home and went back to bed for awhile.  This man is tired!

But we did go later to get our new glasses.  Both of us love our new frames.  And Joe says he can actually see now.  Ha, ha!  Imagine what a new prescription will do for you.  With me it was just getting a spare pair.  But I actually like the new frames better so they may become my new glasses and my current ones my spares.  I'll have to get a picture of me in them this weekend.

Then we went around the corner and Joe got a haircut.  It's a little shorter than I like, but it's his hair!  And it will grow back.

After that we went to the Habachi Grill Super Buffet for lunch.  And it is super.  There are 10 tables full of food.  Three of them are not Asian food but things like spaghetti and meatballs, meat loaf, pork chops, mashed potatoes and garlic bread.  There is something there for everyone including a huge salad bar.


 I am still on a sushi kick so I had a lot of sushi.  Probably more than I should have.  But it was so good!  I also had fried chicken, a barbecued chicken stick, pad thai and lo mein.  Joe had a huge plate of fruit for dessert but I was too full.  It looked great though.

Here's a shot of Joe at the restaurant with his new haircut.


After that it was back to bed for naps for the both of us.

I did my nails for St. Patrick's Day.  I found this polish at Rite Aid.  It is by Brucci and called "Green with Envy".  I love it.  I've been looking for a nice green.


I tried to post this last night, but I fell asleep.  I woke up this morning with my computer and glasses on the floor, the light turned out, the TV going and I'm laying on my stomach on the sofa.  O...K...  Well I got a good long and sound sleep so that's something.  

Now it's on with today. Since Carol N. broke her ankle in three places, her husband, Jim, is home taking care of her.  He usually cleans the church and takes out the trash on Saturdays, so Joe, Debbie and I are going over to do that.  Basically Debbie and I will clean up and Joe will put the last doorknob on.  I told him that is it for today.  He needs to rest before church tomorrow.

Hope you all have a great day today.  Enjoy your Saturday.


And don't forget...

 

Kathy

9 comments:

  1. What a great blog! I was tired after 'following'you. I love the nail polish,great for St Pat's! The Hibachi sounds delicious. So many choices. I'm looking forward to helping at church.
    I love the birdhouse at the end but the phrase is the best! It is up to each of us to make our day great.Thanks for the view! woof

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have to take you and Rusty to the buffet. Maybe some Sunday after church.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kathy! I'm sure Joe and you are very appreciated at your church. Sorry Joe still gets so tired. And I pray for him to find the perfect job at the perfect time! I giggled at the sign over your pastor's door - my daughter says that all of the time! ;)
    Sounds like some yummy food you've been eating. Cute nail polish. I've never tried a green or blue. Maybe I should step out of the box! ;)
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe can't work because of his epilepsy and the tremors in his hands. That is why a simple job that used to take him 15 minutes now takes him over an hour. And his medication makes him confused and he sleeps all the time. Poor guy he wants to be "normal" but there is just no way anymore.

      So many people say that phrase. It sure did give me a chuckle.

      You should try a pale blue polish. You might like it.

      Delete
  3. Kathy, Tell Joe, he's our man...Ted and I are union...UAW, we have seen the union get people decent pay, health care and safety in the factories. Glad you are helping make the church nice for a new pastor. Blessings to all of you, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pass your message on to Joe. He is pro-union and I am anti-union. It makes for some interesting discussions.

      Delete
  4. I sure hope he can feel better and get his strength back. It's frustrating, I know. Love the old red truck. Enjoy your afternoon! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane! I think Joe will be fine if he stops doing so much. At least the job is almost finished. Just another hour or so adjusting the door knobs. I love that old truck too!

      Delete
  5. I can't believe it's been warmer THERE than HERE!!!!
    I love your green polish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.