Saturday, March 5, 2016

A MIXED-UP, MESSED-UP DAY

Ever have one of those days where no matter what you do it seems you take three steps forwards and two steps back?  I have tried so hard to get things done today and Joe and I have seemed to work at cross purposes.  I would plan to do one thing and he not knowing went ahead and did another.  Ah well.  Tomorrow is another day.

Joe has been washing clothes like crazy ever since we got back from Tennessee.  As a result there are clean clothes everywhere.  I had no idea I had so many clothes!  I am sorting through them to see what can go to Salvation Army next week.

I went to the farm for the first time this year.  It was so good to be at the farmstand although the pickings were very slim.  I went late, though, so that may have been the reason.  I didn't take a picture of them before I put things away but I got three shallots, two big red onions, 1/2 pound of cremini mushrooms and two lovely navel oranges.  I was really looking for leeks for dinner tonight and the lady ahead of me took the last bunch.  But I'll just use the shallots instead.

For dinner I'm making lemon chicken and a pasta salad that I saw Nancy Fuller make on "Farmhouse Rules" today.  Of course I will change it up using the things I have in the house but I expect it will be just as good.

And so that is where I am heading now -- the kitchen to make dinner.  I hope you all have a good night.  Maybe you'll see the Dog Star (or the Snoopy constellation) in the sky tonight.


Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Some days are like that. There is always another day to do what doesn't get done today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, You know how to make me smile...post a Peanuts cartoon. :) Hope you can get in sync there. Blessings to you and your Joe. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinner sounds yummy, save some for me! lol Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had days like that,I think we all have. Though usually I'm the one in my own way. Ha ha!
    Are you ready for the predicted 70 degrees for later this week? Wow! I still don't put my winter stuff away till near end of April. You never know.....woof

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy! I understand days like this! :) Glad you're home and how nice to have a helper even though you two were crossing paths! ;) You're making me hungry thinking about your lemon chicken. Thanks for poppingin to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy dear, just about every day is like that for me. I bumble through each day and my wish is one day that the entire house is clean and organized all at the same time.
    I wish we had a vegetable stand near us. Trader Joes is all there is and it's certainly no Veggie or fruit stand. I miss that. Sometimes I wonder where they all went.
    Dinner sounds GOOD! Sending a hug and you are welcome on my patio amy time!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.