Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A BROKEN PIPE

We had quite a day yesterday.  Late last week our bathroom sink stopped up.  Joe tried to open it, but it was really stuck.  Then the elbow started to leak.  We had to give up and call the plumber.

The plumber came on Thursday, saw what was wrong, went to take the pipe apart and the whole thing crumbled.  It had rusted inside the wall.  Yikes!  So we did not have a sink from Thursday until yesterday.

Two guys came over yesterday morning.  They figured out what needed to be done and got to work.  All of a sudden I heard tools being dropped and they ran down the stairs yelling, "Where's the turn off?"  Here the bathroom had never been put in correctly and they had cut through a pipe that was laying on top of the floor.  Oops!

So we had no water in the house for several hours.  I had just put a load of dishes in the dishwasher and was about to put in laundry.  Well, I just had to hold off on that.

I went to the post office and Rite Aid.  And then I had to go to the bathroom.  But we had no water and they were working in there.  So I called Joe and told him I was heading over to church and not to worry about me.  Thank goodness I have a key to the church!

Ah, what a relief.  Of course while I was there I picked up the mail, emptied the trash and made sure everything was OK.  Then I decided to take some pictures while no one was there to get in the way.

The church looked so pretty all decorated for Easter.

The Easter banner.  We may leave it up for one more week.

The baptismal/communion table.

The beautiful Easter lilies bloomed right on time.




The view from the pulpit.

A view of the church with our new sign.  Jim and Joe put it up on Saturday.
Unfortunately we had high winds last night.  Over 50 miles an hour.  This morning when we showed up for Tuesday Ladies (Bible Study) the banner was torn in half and flapping in the wind.  I don't know how, or if, it can be fixed.  (sigh)  We need something more substantial than a banner.

Our pipe finally got fixed and the bathroom put back together.  They did a fantastic job, as usual.  Now it's on to the next thing.  There is always something going on when you own a house.  So much to be fixed and no money to do it.

When I came home from church today I ate lunch and then laid down for a nap.  I slept the entire afternoon away.  I feel better now, but could use some more sleep.  But...  I will make dinner first.  It's a busy day tomorrow -- getting Joe to the doctor in the morning and a library event in the evening.  In fact it's a busy week!  You may not see me tomorrow, but I'll be back.

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Hope tomorrow is a better day...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty church. I love spending time in a church when I'm the only one there.
    See ya later....👋🏼

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Christine.There's something about being in a church alone. Getting anything connected to your water is a bummer! We THOUGHT we had a minor pipe issue & found the pipe to the streetwas rusted out! Was that ever a pain. Glad all's fixed now.
    Cold morning ....stay warm! woof

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, I love being in the church when it's quiet. I feel that God can hear my thoughts. LOL. Wow honey, it's always something isn't it? Bless you and Joe, hope things calm down . xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I HATE plumbing problems!!! Amber and Mike are having a lot of those right now and that can be serious and expensive!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.