Friday, November 22, 2013


It was a hugely busy day today.  I began by getting the trash together for collection and then straightening up the living room and moving furniture because today was the day we got our new heater.  It's been a long time coming.  We have spent the last four months getting the money together for such a large purchase.  But now it is finally here!

Old heater

New heater
After breakfast I left Joe with the plumbers and ran over to get Debbie.  We were going to go food shopping, but first I had to get the kitchen straightened up because we were getting a new faucet in the sink.  I had a load of dishes in the sink that didn't fit into the dishwasher, so I had to clear those out and some things under the sink so the plumber could work.  

I am so happy with the new faucet!  I always had difficulty getting my stock pot and dutch oven under the faucet because it was too low.  I asked for a goose neck faucet and got exactly what I wanted.  I also got a sprayer.  Ours had been broken for months.  Yes!  It's so very nice.

I found some more autumn flowers when I was cleaning up the basement so added them to my pot outside.  It needed some red and looks so much better.  I used to plant real flowers in this pot and they always died.  I don't know if they didn't get enough sun or the soil was bad or what.  So I started going to the dollar store and buying silk flowers and sticking them in the soil.  They look nice and I can change them out with each season and even change them altogether if I want to.  Six to eight stems usually fills the pot so it's very inexpensive to do this.

By this time it was almost noon so Debbie and I went to Wawa (while Joe held down the fort again) and got us all turkey bowls for lunch.  A turkey bowl has a mound of stuffing, a mound of mashed potatoes, and slices of turkey topped with turkey gravy and a scoop of cranberry sauce.  Thanksgiving in a bowl.  It's funny because I don't like roast turkey, but I like the turkey bowl.  They were good.

After we ate Debbie and I finally made it to Shop Rite and did our food shopping.  I got a lot of baking stuff.  You know what I'm going to be doing.  It's time to do pies for Thanksgiving and cookies for Christmas.  This is always fun for me.  I'll let you know how it works out as I go along.

The plumbers left around 5 p.m. and I vacuumed everything and then moved the furniture back.  Now I am making dinner.  Shop Rite makes their own crab cakes and they are very good.  Joe and I both love them so I got four of them and we are having them for dinner.  I'm also making sauteed zucchini and mushrooms.  I'm very hungry so I can't wait.

I started crocheting another hat today.  I think this will be for myself since the wool is sort of rough.  I will use a softer one for another hat for Christi.  Pictures coming soon.

Gotta run.  It's work tomorrow.  Then next week is a short week and we are going away.  I'm really excited.  Be prepared for picture overload next week.  Have a nice night everyone.

Thanksgiving Trivia Quiz 
Yesterday's answer:  Wampnoag
Todays question:  Who was the first U.S. President to declare a national day of Thanksgiving?
          a)  George Washington
          b)  Abraham Lincoln
          c)  Franklin D. Roosevelt
          d)  Rutherford B. Hayes
Answer tomorrow.  How are you doing? 
 Today's weather:
High:  57 degrees
Low:  40 degrees
Sunrise:  6:54 a.m.
Sunset:  4:39 p.m.
9 hours and 45 minutes of daylight
Waning gibbous moon


  1. I loved helping you. Yesterday went by so fast! I do think you got a lot done.
    Your new faucet is great. I too have difficulty with some of my bigger pots but
    have learned ways around it. May you enjoy yours!
    Can't wait for the photos!

  2. Kathy, I love that last picture....wowwee. It's a lot of work getting ready for repairmen and cleaning up after. I am wishing you a calm weekend after that. xoxox,Susie


Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. I often reply to your comments, so feel free to check back.