Friday, March 23, 2012

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS DAY TO BE OVER

Oh my gosh, friends, this has without a doubt been the most boring week of my whole life.  Throw in a little "spring fever" and it has been almost unbearable.  Everyone is enjoying this wonderful weather we've been having (sunny in the high 70s/low 80s) and going to the library is not a priority for anyone.  People are dropping off books and leaving.  Right now I am at lunch and when I left the front desk there were 2 (count them 2) people in the building.  Most of the last hour there was 1 and at one point NONE.

It wouldn't be so bad if I were at my own branch where I could find something to keep me occupied.  But there is NOTHING to do here.  Can I shelve for you?  "All done."  Library cards to make up?  "Done that."  Do you want me to shelf read?  "We did that earlier this week."  So for my time off of the desk I have been roaming the internet looking at various things.

To make matters worse, it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.  I am purposely not going outside because I know I would not want to come back.  Richmond, my home branch has been RED HOT all week.  Whew.  Today at the Fishtown Branch they have the air conditioning on and it is ICE COLD.  Go figure.

So enough of my grumbling.  Just a few more hours and I can go home, put on a t-shirt, shorts and my flip-flops and make barbecued chicken legs on the grill.  Yes, folks, we have decided that tonight is the night to fire up that baby and indulge in some good eating.  (And Elaine, Larry and Marion I know you are reading this -- I am making my world-famous potato salad.)

Have a good rest of the day everyone.  Even though it is going to get colder this weekend (and the coming week), I am still going to enjoy my time off tomorrow and Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. What is your recipe for your "world famous" potato salad?
    I am always looking for a great potato salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a glorious and sunny day here in south Texas!!

    While a library can be THE most exciting place on earth......I guess it CAN be boring at times.

    Have a wonderful weekend and hopefully NEXT week will be far more exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy that stinks that you haven't been able to enjoy the weather. I know myself, I haven't been able to get anything done indoors. I just can't resist being out in the sunshine. This KY weather has been AMAZING!!!

    Hope you enjoy your BBQ tonight. At least that should be something fun to end your long week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.